Prat 3.0

Started by fiere redfern, October 15, 2008, 01:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

I know the new version of Prat is still in Beta, but as a heads-up, I would advise y'all to NOT use the new one just yet. Somewhere along the line mine bugged, so that I am unable to see chat channels (even guild/whispers/say), though I can still hear when people log on and off. Right now I've gotten rid of Prat, its saved variables, and any mention of the addon in my WTF folder, but the error is still occuring. I tried renaming the WTF folder and moving the chat-cache file that was created to the old one, editing the file itself, and doing everything but completely reworking all my addons again >.<

Shadowwolf

http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=14004&page=12

Apparently this isnt a Prat issue, its other Ace addons causing it.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

fiere redfern

Mmkay, I'd thought about that, but the fact that chat works without Prat but with the rest of the AddOns I use (if I refresh the WTF folder first, that is) threw me off. I'll just bite the bullet and rebuild my UI again -_-

Shadowwolf

Latest ver of Prat on its own works fine, Im going thru 1 at a time and reenabling things to see where the issue is since im having a similar problem.

ACP works good for that to disable and enable without having to relog.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Geos

I get the lack of chat thing when i have too many bad addons on at once, prat is sketchy, its giving me all kinds of errors ( first version at least) Fubar was also giving me some issues, turning that one off made my chat work ok

Kothnok

During my testing of my addons last night, I found that the time stamp was causing my chat issues.  [%R] was causing an error and needed to be replaced by [%H:%M] (they are equivalent).
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.