Coffee and Beer

Started by Arcdelad, February 08, 2007, 05:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

...actually...decaf coffee and non-alcholic beer. These are two things that are completely mystifying to me. Both coffee and beer are nasty, generally horrible tasting things that you have to train your pallate to somehow enjoy...anyone remember tipping back their first beer and thinking "how do people like this crap?"

I drink coffee...a lot of coffee...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much coffee. When Im not drinking coffee, im drinking Red Bull, Monster, Sobe Adrenline Rush, Lost, Joker Mad Energy, or any of the 1 billion other variations of the crack in a can forumla. Monster on sale 2/$3 at Circle K? SCORE - looks like Ill defintiely be nice and energized. I have two addictions in life ATM - and luckily for me coffee makes a good regeant for the other. (one guess as to my other addiction :P)

So, when I come in to work this morning and I see that some person brewed a pot of decaf...my initial reaction is to hunt said person down, pour the entire pot down their gagging throat, and demand that they give me my damn caffiene. However I am a pacifist (thats why I love violent movies and spend a majority of my free time killing orcs, demons, and getting thomped by TB in duels). So...I poured that load of worhtless crap down the drain, brewed a nice pot of caffiene laden coffee (two bags of coffee - well make that batch extra strong)...and I am now content.

Kaethdorala

I am a caffiene junky myself. I only drink coffee that is flavored though regular coffee is just nasty.

Quoteanyone remember tipping back their first beer and thinking "how do people like this crap?"

LOL, that brings back memories. Yes I do remember my first beer and yes I did think that. I was 15 years old and a freshman in high school my friend steve and josh were staying over for the nite so we decided to sneak down to the bar room in my old house and swipe some beers. What kind beer...nasty old warm Old Style. It was what my grandpa drank and i honestly remember thinking to myself "did somone piss in this can when I wasnt looking". I could barely finish my one beer and of course I thought whats the point in drinking?

usonian

My health prediction for Arc:  Kidney stones within 2 years.

Jandris

You are a man after my own heart = pour me a cup of that extra strong coffee please.
I have been drinking coffee since i was a child ( mom has a picture of me as a toddler drinking the last of my Dad's coffee when he wasn't looking - Dad used to swear that Mom was tossing it until he saw the evidence).
As for beer - still hate it - piss in a bottle as far as I am concerned. Oh well no one is perfect.

Kothnok

Correction, deer piss in a bottle. :P

Yet, I still drink some of the better bottles of the stuff. ;)

Arc, does it say anything that I'm sitting here at Starbucks as I type this?  Half my work week I spend at Starbucks having coffee, tea, food samples, 50 cent refills, fights over the last plugin... fun stuff!  *swigs his iced black tea lemonade*
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

un4

I pretty much don't drink beer.  I drink hard alcohol in moderation on fridays, saturdays, and during clan matches  ]:D.
Coffee... eh.  I drink it when it's there, but I'm a tea addict more than anything.  My record for tea is 20 mugs in three hours.
un4