Death Knight DPS for 3.2

Started by Maruden, August 10, 2009, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maruden

Okay so i have been hard pressed trying to choose between Frost or Blood for dps as of right now and what is a good rotation for blood?
I have been doing icy touch scoruge strike death strike spam heart strike ive been doing about 2k+ i was wondering if there is a better rotation or if mine is fine. Thanks  ;D

"When William joined the army, he didn't like the phrase "fire at will!""

Tony

That's about right for Blood. The issue is, is that blood is heavily reliant on gear. You wont see the big numbers until you get at least t7. If I can suggest, look into frost or unholy until you get some better gear. I know they nerffed unholy this patch, and please, someone chime in here and let me know if I'm wrong. I'll do some research and post back in a while.

Maruden

Okay so if i was to do frost should i do dw cause of the theart of tharrasian talent or continue to use 2 hand>

Hugh

i personally preferr 2h myself, cause hit ratin so i can stack more in str, i've always been blood since day one been unholy for short time but it works and dps is good on both, so if ya go frost i'm out of luck on help there lol, i dont know anythin bout it but to tank with it

Apolla

If you are going for frost dps, you are almost forced into DW.  Dual wielding has a ton higher gear requirements than using a 2hander and it shows without proper weapons.  If you are hellbent on trying frost, get 2 slow weapons and I can help you out on rotations.  For starting to gear, unholy is actually a pretty nice spec to start with due to simplicity of the rotation and the buffs it provides.  Blood's rotation gets kind of tight when you start having to churn out the RP to clear some room.  It also is a very gear dependant spec on terms of damage.

I am not so sure on how good DW frost is at this moment, but unholy and blood are holding steady like they always do.  Blood, once you start to get more geared/buffs will probably scale better until you get 2 slow, heavy hitters to try out frost.  If you want help with rotations, look me up sometime, be glad to help.

*I am not concerned with the details.*

Maruden

Hmm kk well i think im a try unholy for now untill i get the gear for blood or some good hitters for frost thanks for the help guys ;D