Create Character option missing

Started by Airtotem, January 10, 2008, 03:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airtotem

Hey all,
I am trying to sign up for an event tonight, but I cannot complete step 2 of the instructions below.  I am missing the Create option.  Maybe I have restricted access that prevents noobs from signing up?  =(

Character Creation

Step 1:
First, make sure you are logged into the forum. Then go to the Event Signup area using the link on the forum menu bar.

Step 2:
If this is the first time you have used this system, you need to setup your characters that you would be signing up to any future Events. Click on the "Create" menu option on the top menu bar and select "Character".

Fill out the form on this page with all the necessary information. Character name, race, class, guild, gender and level are all nessisary. Under attributes, these are all items that are optional for you to fill in. Once you are satisfied with the information, click the "Submit" button to add this character. You will want to repeat this step for each character you have that you will wish to sign up with for events.

Shadowwolf

Try now. I have to add new members to the proper group to sign up, since you didnt have an account on the signups before it never got added. Unfortunately new Event system accounts arent made till you log into the forum and visit the event system for the first time. It auto creates when you visit it, but doesnt add to the Member group.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

I'll look into fixing that tomorrow.  I have a bit of time to look into it.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

I actually prefer the way it is, heh. Thats why I havent changed it.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess