Twilight v3.0 Problem Thread

Started by Shadowwolf, January 04, 2009, 12:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Please post here if you encounter any issues.

Problems I am already aware of and working on are:

• Forum - Spell Check = Does not properly work and returns a sucessful complete.
  • Main Site - Shoutbox = Displays a timeout error when you try to post.
  • Main Site - Welcome Message = "Logout" link displays a timeout error when you try to use it.
  • Forum - RPS (DKP) = Upper navigation menu not displayed.
  • Main Site = Javascript error displayed in MSIE.
  • Forum - Signature Generator = Doesnt accept using different external images.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Special characters in names are not displaying correctly.
un4

grunkatze

how do we directly access to the forum without passing by recent topics ?

Grendeel

The drop down list  from the goodies  link at the top has the forum link in it

JohnnieRat

Nasanna

Problem with changing the picture in the forum generated signatures: I was using the sig generator and trying to use my own picture. I tried using several different ones from this website and others, but I keep getting the default picture. The pictures used were jpgs and I even resized one to be 64x64, but it still didn't work.

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Nasanna on January 04, 2009, 02:31:06 PM
Problem with changing the picture in the forum generated signatures: I was using the sig generator and trying to use my own picture. I tried using several different ones from this website and others, but I keep getting the default picture. The pictures used were jpgs and I even resized one to be 64x64, but it still didn't work.

Ill look into it.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf

Quote from: un4given_one on January 04, 2009, 10:16:41 AM
Special characters in names are not displaying correctly.

They do, however any that pre-existed before the move didnt convert over properly. I converted the forum database to UTF-8 for more speed and efficiency and the conversion process had issues with special char's. Just have to retype them and save them again and they will get fixed. Moving forward tho, special chars save just fine.

Kothnok

Attached is the page view error that occurs randomly when in the downloads area by either clicking on a Recent Update link or using the back button while on a download to get back to the Recent Update links. Note that it is a text file since a screen shot would have given the same effect, but this way you get all the text the page displayed instead of just the small portion my window was showing.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Muridin

every time i try to create a sig, it loads up the forum page.

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Muridin on January 06, 2009, 05:33:32 AM
every time i try to create a sig, it loads up the forum page.

Thats not a bug, signature generation is restricted to "New Member", "Member", "Veteran" and "Officer" forum groups so people dont log on here and hijack bandwidth.

grunkatze

When you go on Loot Rules and Guidelines topic, I don't know if it's a mistake or it is desired, but the loots type (common, rare, epic) in color are very close to the left border line, as the rest of the text has a left margin, i thought it could have been a mistake, sorry if it's not =)

Shadowwolf

Yea I have to go through and clean up old content and reformat it. I havent had a chance to spend time doing that yet, itll get done eventually tho, its on my list.

JohnnieRat

Not a problem at all:

When you click on someones forum sig (the one we make on this site) it sends you back to the home page. Is there a way to have the link send you to somewhere else (like armory or something)?