Come on... really??

Started by Fleecy, October 15, 2010, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleecy

So I attempt to play wow, I keep getting an error message at the launcher telling me that my game installation is damaged, and that I need to run the repair... So I run the repair and guess what, it tells me that no errors are found, nothing needed to be repaired...  I don't get it... I think I might need to reinstall the whole thing  >.<

I really hope not but I can't see a fix at the moment...

jalenos

I'm right there with you - reinstalling that wonderfully large patch right now in the hopes that I can get back in.  That other night after OS my vid card said no mas, it crashes my system and I get the blue screen of death. Restoring the machine to an earlier time/reinstalling the drivers/vid card didn't fix it.
The one bright spot is I had been contemplating a new machine and I now have my impetus. 

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut

Fleecy

yeah I uninstalled wow, before I did, I moved my big patch that I downloaded from the twilight site out of my wow folder and my addon folder so I wouldn't have to download those things again.... saving myself a couple hours!   :)

One thing I did not know... that Geos so kindly told me was that you don't have to install vanilla & bc before installing wrath... If you have the wrath dvd you avoid that totally it will install all of it.  Which is nice to know, I know people told me to DL it from Blizz but that takes too long and I have a DL cap that I don't want to go over :P   the dvd installation was very very fast!  It seems to be fine now, so idk what the problem is / was.