Open Invitation on Snack Machine

Started by Shadowwolf, January 07, 2007, 04:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

I was browsing my images last night and came across a shot I took of a sign on the snack machine at a Qwest datacenter I had to do work at a long time ago in Burbank CA. The machine was always eating your money and they would never fix it. Stuff would get stuck halfway, not come out at all, wrong change, it was awful. This is what happens when you ask IT geeks to leave suggestions and comments. hehe.

[attach=1]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Hehe.  I used to work at a place where the vending machine was broken too.  We put a sign on the place you had to kick in order to get free snacks  ]:D
un4

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Tassie

A bag of pretzels got stuck on a candy bar half way down....I reach up and grab the top of the machine to shake it. After a couple shakes, the thing topples over......glass breaks.  I look around.  People start rushing in.  They look at me and say, "Did you see the guy who did it?"  I look at them flabergasted, realizing they don't believe my 178 cm, 63 kg (5'10", 140 lb.) female self could have tipped over the machine. I quickly have to decide which is more important, my irritation about the female stereotyping, or the embarrasment and future ribbing about smashing the machine.... "No," I say.  I decide to go out to eat decent food and have not been to the machine since.  It mocks me as I walk by.