You are not prepared - The Untold Saga

Started by Caedryne, January 16, 2007, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedryne

After standing in line for 1 & 1/2 hours, I finally got my copy of TBC and rushed home to install it. By now it was 3:30 A:M. The first thing Windows decides to do is after 2 years of having no problems with my DVDR is not recognize it, so the disc just sits idly in the tray doing nothing. After trying all the obvious solutions, (ie updating drivers etc) still nothing. At this point in time I don't want to think, it's 4 AM. Finally find out the cause and go to "Add Remove Programs " to uninstall the culprit and Windows tells me it's protecting me and won't run "dll as an app". Only Micorsoft would refuse to run it's own programs lol. Decide "to hell with this crap" at 4:30 AM. I delete several entries in the registry that I know are causing the probs, (the low and high filters in CLSIDS etc) and my DVDR is recognized. Finally. The first disc goes fast, the second one slow. It's all done and I can't wait to go through the Portal, but oh no Blizz has a surprise, one update after another, 3 of them and each time I have to put in my password, it's now 5:30 ish in the A:M and I finally enter the Portal. After checking things out doing several quick quests, I have to explore every nook and cranny and fall off The Warp into oblivion. I go to bed.

I use Linux for just about everything I can. It's not that I loathe and detest Microsoft but I'm not their biggest fan :)

Genoism

Jandris

Just got my copy of TBC - can't wait to see what my horror story will be.  ::)

Shadowwolf

If they made WoW for Linux.....Id be forever happy =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Caedryne

me too Shadow, it's unfortunate that most games, imho,  I find play better on Windows.