torn on spec

Started by Genoism, January 29, 2007, 11:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

so i want to go dps and i def want to get that last talent in the arms tree for more rage. Problem is, i dont want to pigeon hole myself into any certain types of weapons, ie, 2 handers, swords, axes, etc. I think those talents are marginal at best...5% more crit with axes? Its nice but i dont want to always use axes. Sword one sucks...5% chance to hit again...might proc once or twice in a long fight IF im lucky. Mace one ...dont even need to talk about it. Imp MS...5 points for one skill, doesnt sound worth it to me, maybe if it reduced the rage cost but a TINY increase in dps and cd - no thanks. So then, i already grabber anger management and though im skeptical about its uses I have a feeling in the end its yet another waste of a point. In a boss fight it might net me 20 rage if im lucky which is pretty darn useless. Lessening the cd's on those 30min spells is nice but im not really sure how useful it is in the future though the extra length in its duration seems like it could be a life saver in many situations.

Once i have that last talent...i guess ill stick the rest of my points into fury but where in fury is another issue :p

usonian

The thing with warriors is you basically have two roads to follow: damage or protection.  Warriors aren't as versatile as other classes - we get beat on and try to smash faces whenever we can and that's about it.  If you want to go all out dps I would say that you choose the type of weapon (1h or 2h) you're going to focus on in order to do the most damage possible based on your spec. 

If you're going Arms then go all the way to mortal strke and put points in 2h weapon specialization - you don't necessarily have to pick swords, maces, or axes.  Mortal strike's damage is maximized with the slow, high damage 2-handers.  If you're going Fury then you'll have to use two 1h weapons.  Whether it's swords, axes or maces just depends on preference and what you can find to use.

As far as cooldowns go, warriors aren't really as dependent on them as other classes.  I rarely NEED to use cooldowns enough to justify placing additional points to lower the cd time.  I'll usually pull more mobs than I can handle on purpose just to burn a retaliation :)

Unfortunately, since warriors are essentially lacking in the versatility department, I would say that attempting to make a versatile warrior will hurt your ability to do as much damage as you possibly can.  Personally I prefer a full arms build with a huge 2h and maxed out mortal strike.  If anything it is easier (and cheaper) to find a really good 2h than two really good 1h weapons - although I've always used 2h so this may be a bit biased.  The massive burst damage is also very nice in pvp for taking out casters or getting that final blow on a weakened opponent.  Imo, if you want to swing two blades around, make a rogue ]:D

Dylon

Geno, the problem is your thinking too big and you arent thinking like a warrior, lol

In arms, the sword, axe, and mace specialization talents may not seem like much, but ive been both fury and mace spec'd arms, and yes, it does help.

Anger management helps too, even though it may not look like it would, because when your using a really slow 2 hander..and mortal strike takes alot of rage, and you arent hitting very often, you need rage help anywhere you can get it..you have to think like i warrior.

And you may not want to be limited to one type of weapon and thats ok, but my suggestion is to do just that, pick one of the 3 specializations and go with it, because ive tryed them all and there all great additions..it wouldnt limit you to one weapon type but it would make one a little more effecient than the others..

so theres my little piece of advice take it or leave it hehe

Genoism

hmm thanks for the tips guys, gonna think on this some more.

un4

un4

Genoism

Luise

I have found my shield incredibly useful when soloing and in groups against all the castors- so I no longer am a 2H girl. If Im killing non- castors I like duel wield- gives more crit and attack which is great for my arms spec and for speed  :) I love the new warrior move at lvl 62- that gives you extra attack after a kill- fist + arrow icon ( I can hear my sons groaning - that I can't remember the name lol

un4

Rogue sword spec is the same as a warriors.  I have it proc a crapload with a pair of 2.1 speed swords.  With SnD and blade furry, I get even more (30% and 20% speed increase each)... together they drop my swords down to ~1.18 attack speed each, so one sword attack every .59 seconds.  With a 5% chance to proc, it procs about once every twelve seconds.  Add that to my 25% crit chance, and I get about 1000 damage/encounter for free.
un4

Genoism

Quote from: un4given_one on January 30, 2007, 04:30:05 PM
Rogue sword spec is the same as a warriors.  I have it proc a crapload with a pair of 2.1 speed swords.  With SnD and blade furry, I get even more (30% and 20% speed increase each)... together they drop my swords down to ~1.18 attack speed each, so one sword attack every .59 seconds.  With a 5% chance to proc, it procs about once every twelve seconds.  Add that to my 25% crit chance, and I get about 1000 damage/encounter for free.
so you have a 25% chance to do damage...at least warriors do it all the time.

un4

Lol.  I have yet to ever be out damaged by a warrior in an instance.
un4

Vengeance

well see about that un4...just look at a GM warrior video (what was the name?), lol, yeah, can you do that?  :)

Genoism

Quote from: un4given_one on January 31, 2007, 02:14:49 PM
Lol.  I have yet to ever be out damaged by a warrior in an instance.
its a shame u never really raided with us in zg, me and tb always have a ton'o fun trying to top the dps meter...that is until gren decides he wants to be on top...and when he does..there's no stopping him.

dharq

especially now...  :'( :'( :'(

dang destro spec warlocks do even more dmg in a shorter amount of time..

capnpop

heh, gren is affliction (i think) i'm destruction... 3 SoC + shadowfury = win