Spec Ideas

Started by un4given_one, June 09, 2007, 06:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

un4

Genoism

a few things

is this for both pvp and pve or more pvp then pve?

if its more for pve i'd take out imp cs for something else maybe.
I'd also personally trade arcane instability and arcane mind for pyromaniac and elemental precision in the frost tree - that essentially does the same thing but with your fire spells costing 6% less mana and 3% less resist and some of that bleeds to frost as well.

I think in the fire tree you really should pick what your main source of damage is going to be, scorch or fireball - which every way you go I think its kinda wasteful to have both imp scorch and imp fireball. For pvp i find scorch way better and burning soul a really great help whether u go with fireball or scorch....also imp fireblast for pvp is a huge help.

As for master of elements - while it LOOKS cool on paper I really don't find it helping me that much in the end. After 1 fight it might have garnered me enough mana for one more spell. I personally think those points are better off spent elsewhere. But thats just a guess - I'm still speced with it on my mage i just don't really see it helping me a whole lot.

Buzan

Hmm I'd be a fire mage all the way from 1-70. There's just something beautifull about toasting an enemy in a matter of seconds hehe :)

Tolwen

Quote from: Buzan on June 10, 2007, 02:24:02 AM
Hmm I'd be a fire mage all the way from 1-70. There's just something beautifull about toasting an enemy in a matter of seconds hehe :)

can't agree more ;D
:Fire Elemental: ftw!

Shadowwolf

Frost is excellent for survivability and massive amounts of farming =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Genoism

i out dps'ed a fire mage with my frost mage in the ramparts :D

Buzan

Quote from: Genoism on June 11, 2007, 04:38:28 PM
i out dps'ed a fire mage with my frost mage in the ramparts :D

That's really, really, really sad :( for the fire mage.

Darkling

I have to agree with shadow. as arcane/fire, i was able to use arcane explosion on about 3 mobs at a time. went to ice and i'm farming the hell out of the zaxxis raiders 6-10 at a time now.

Shadowwolf

Its easy for Ice to outdps a fire mage actually, I do it all the time and have done it for a while. Its a matter of gearing up correctly and most of the time other Mages go all +crit and +dmg on gear, little stamina, so they spend most of the run dead from aggro, which, if youre dead or running to avoid dying, you arent dpsing, unlike a frost mage where most of the stuff never reaches you before it dies. =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Buzan

Quote from: Shadowwolf on June 12, 2007, 04:23:08 PM
Its easy for Ice to outdps a fire mage actually, I do it all the time and have done it for a while. Its a matter of gearing up correctly and most of the time other Mages go all +crit and +dmg on gear, little stamina, so they spend most of the run dead from aggro, which, if youre dead or running to avoid dying, you arent dpsing, unlike a frost mage where most of the stuff never reaches you before it dies. =)

I plan to make a human mage after my rogue gets to 70, and will go fire from 1-70.
I already know what my spec will be and what type of gear/gems I will go for. I'll look forward to see how many ice mages can beat fire dps if the fire mage is actually a decent player and not a twit :P

Ice mages are indeed kings of survivalbility though, not going to contest that one :)