LOTR beta sign up

Started by Genoism, September 10, 2006, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

Zario

I also included that I was from Twilight.  I think I can play for the first time in about 45 minutes so I'll see if it'll let me in.  This is a "stress test" after all so I wouldn't be suprised if it fails.  Have they started allowing guilds yet in the beta?  I know they're using the term "Fellowship" instead of party. 

usonian

I created a kinship called Twilight while I was stuck in the opening zone unable to do anything or talk to anyone.  I did manage to add you and Lyte to my friends though Zario.  The kinship recruitment wasn't working either, but i'll try to invite you if I see you on and it is working.

Peligrie

I was invited by a friend of mine who's been playing in the beta game. I've had some trouble DL'ing the beta version though. Not sure if it's me or if the DL just isn't completing. I didn't stay up the 3.5 hours it was going to take to DL the files so I guess I'll have to fiddle and fuss with it more tonight.

Peligrie

Wooot! Finally my download went through!! It only took 4 tries to do it  :P The file was so huge it kept getting cut off when it downloaded  :P So I guess I will be trying this out this weekend  ;D

Tassie

Well i got my beta key. downloaded the game and signed up then I discover they dont have a mac version...Now who codes anything web based in a non global format.  morons.  So I have to decide if I wanna take my Windows machine out the box just to play a game clearly created by idiots.....I think not.   (Of course if it's really fun.....I'll rethink that. :p)

Peligrie

Haha, it's not so bad of a game so far. Little laggy (run speed is...comical), characters look odd to me, but it's not bad atm.

Though it seems like no matter where you go someone is comparing it to WoW, SWG, and all the other games out there. It seems alot of people are so obsessed with comparing it to another game that they aren't really playing it to be objective and receptive to what's new about it. I heard alot of "I wish they could take the best part of every online game and make the best one ever" kind of chats the whole time I was on there this weekend. Well, if we're starting in the noob area and most of the content of LOTR hasn't been explored...how do they know the game isn't going to meet their expectations?  :P Just a conversation that seemed premature, but I guess expected. No matter where you go, people will always be people.

Muridin