2H Tanking Weapons being added to game

Started by Riddlerr, December 19, 2008, 09:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddlerr

Air

Currently BOP, hopefully it's and error and they make it BOE.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

capnpop

wouldn't be too surprised if they remain BoP to prevent TG warrs from getting 2 nice weapons for the price of gold with 0 effort...i doubt the stats are overly beneficial for TG warrs (why would dps need parry?) but they are good dmg weapons to go with the destroyer...

Air

That would force all DK's to go blacksmithing, and blizz has stated they don't want to pigeon hole people for a single item, *cough* skill herald *cough*.

With the new rune enchant "Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle", I'm thinking of going for the 2handed mace instead for more threat. 
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Trismus

From the perspective of a warrior, were I to go TG the sword from the Ebon Blade quartermaster (the blue one) actually adds more dps due to the massive attack power, crit, etc. The raw dps increase here really doesn't appeal that much.

I'm glad they are doing this though, and not just so that I can get more business: I genuinely want DKs to have an easier time tanking so we see more DK tanks.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.