ProtDPS ftw in 3.1

Started by Gutboy, March 06, 2009, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutboy

Well, less ftl anyway...  ;)

[blizzard]
Warrior

Protection

* Defensive Stance now reduces damage caused by 5%. (Down from 10%)
[/blizzard]

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

dharq

It's actually not bad at all with the 10% 1h damage boost. You'll actually have slightly more than base damage now with that talent maxed. It's pretty close to being in line with the 2%-4% 2h boost that DKs get (granted it's 1handers, but it seems pretty close to the damage boosting talents other classes get), and you get the damage reduction from defensive stance on top of it.

Air

I'm pretty sure that's incoming damage and not outgoing damage.  Death knight's got a similiar nerf.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Gutboy

Quote from: Airplay on March 06, 2009, 05:32:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that's incoming damage and not outgoing damage.  Death knight's got a similiar nerf.

No, since damage done in Def stance has always (before this) been nerfed by 10%, I'm inclined to think that's what is changing. It is ambiguously worded though.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Apolla

Blizzard is reworking the stance penalty/bonuses with the arrival of DKs is how I look at it.  While we have move restrictions in each of our stances as well as penalties for switching stances and they only have bonuses-it is a very welcome change.  With warriors lacking the TPS of pally tanks and such this should hopefully bring us more in-line.

*I am not concerned with the details.*