Panic at the disco...

Started by Arcdelad, October 12, 2006, 03:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

...next time i here their song on the radio im going to vomit...enough is enough!!!

Shadowwolf

wow, they still play that on FM stations?

Time to get XM  ;D
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Simy

un4

I haven't listened to the radio in at least a year.  Ipods ftw!
un4

Tolwen

Ipod FTW!!!

but i kindda like the (I Write Sins Not Tragedies) by Panic! at the disco

Arcdelad

XM and IPOD.................you guys have the life!!!!!

Shadowwolf

Hehe, 300 bucks for the device and 15 bucks a month can get you 200 channels of 95% commercial free music without the "telemarketing playlist" FM stations follow. I bought my mother the XM reciever you can take in the car, plug in at home and plug into a boombox type thing for portability. She loves it, can listen to her 50s music all day long.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

un4

Shadowwolf

Hey hey now  >:(

Theres a lot of good singers from the 50s, Elvis most notibly amongst quite a few others.

Darkling

Shadowwolf

I think so, and so does a lot of other people apparently. The pre-cheeseburger binge days tho.

Arcdelad

so something just has to be popular to be good now? crap...i missed out on some really great groups like hanson, color me badd, and vanilla ice........i need to call dryg quick and rectify that!!!!!!!!!!1111  :Werewolf: :Bat: :Werewolf: :Bat:

Drygioni

Haha yeah instead of buying an IPOD i just bought a record store...

oh and my bargain bin is full of hanson, color me badd, and vanilla ice. You're welcome to it Arc :)

and Elvis was the king. TCB baby. Without Elvis and to a lesser extent Buddy Holly, there would be no Rock n Roll. The '68 comeback special was re-released on DVD I reccomend checkin it out.

As for the 50's I really like Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, and the like. Download Foggy Mountain Breakdown. that song makes me crazy.

Arcdelad

now listen to a story bout a man named Jed....

Shadowwolf

Yup, FM stations play a playlist based on 2 things these days, 1 is record company sponsorship, the other is off Gannett surveys (that very same company who owns most of the billboards you see along the hiways) of people asking what songs they like. So thats why you will hear the same crap over and over and over on popular FM stations.

There was a big article in Wired magazine years back when XM and Sirius hit the market about the guy who is pushing the Satellite radio advance being the "killer" of FM Station playlist randomization. Theres one guy who apprently pioneered the whole advertisement / survey to song play freqency method they use now unintentionally and is trying to undo what he did with Satellite radio.

BTW, here i go breaking laws again  ]:D (attached)

Every time I hear this song after seeing TB's video of "Dancing On Air" I think of how well the male gnome dance would go with this, lol.