anyone know of an addon that...

Started by Oilslick, September 26, 2009, 06:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oilslick

would help me keep track of debuffs on the tanks to make knowing when to taunt a little bit easier?  Maybe something that gets tank info from ORA2 or something along those lines.  I know alot of unitframes can probably do this, but i'm so used to using Grid now, and i can't find a way to isolate the tanks in it anyway.  If i've got to install some other unitframe just for player, target, and target of target to see it, so be it.  Any suggestions for that failing the first question?

The default blizz ui does the latter, but doesn't have a means of showing stack numbers on the debuffs that i can find.

khader

I use pitbull for unit frames.  I was using ag_unitframes previously.

I use the target of target frame to track debuffs on current boss target - typically a tank.  Since I'm usually tanking myself or in rotation with others this is sufficient for me.

One thing I found with pitbull was that its default behavior was to filter out buff/debuffs.  Basically it was only showing buffs/debuffs for a specific class - ie tracking timers on my buffs.  I had to change behavior pitbull option to not filter buffs/debuffs so I would see the debuff stacks.  The filter can be modified separately for any unit frame - your own, party, raid, target, target of target, focus, etc.

I have no experience with pitbull as a healer or dps so don't know how it does for those roles but I've found it useful as a tank.

fiere redfern

I use X-Perl, and while I don't tank in raids often anymore, on fights like Gluth where you have to keep an eye on your partner's debuffs all I'll do is dump that tank into my focus frame and keep an eye on their debuffs. X-Perl allows you to turn buffs/debuffs on or off on a per-frame basis (as well as make them huge or small), which allows me to have a set-up like this:

[attachthumb=1]

The frame to the top left is my focus frame, with debuffs emphasized. My target is at the bottom, and my < 3 min buffs/debuffs are in-between my frame and my target's frame. For those I use Satrina Buff Frames, but I haven't yet played with its functionality for buffs on a target.