Yeehaa...Booted and cant get back on

Started by Shadowwolf, August 28, 2008, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Kicked off for no apparent reason, now I cant get back on. Getting "Logging on to game server..." and then up pops the server list over and over.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lynette

Same here.  I think its a sign that I should go to bed early.

See all tomorrow sometime.

Tyban

No way expansion coming out in three month...five month....this needs to be fixed first!!!

khader

When I was booted off wednesday night, I'd get past authentication then get the choose realm screen.  Went to bed after raid was called.

Logging in on Thursday, the same thing happened - get past authentication and get the choose realm screen.  After several restarts I decided to choose a realm.   I was assigned to Alex and got my character selection screen.  Was a few anxious moments wondering if I still had my toons.

Lynette

So 10 hours later and I still can't get back in - WTH!

Stuck at "Logging into game server"

Shadowwolf

For those of you booted last night, try connecting directly to your cable modem and logging on. I did this today and it worked right away. Apparently once again Blizzard changed something but claims to have "done nothing" where certain home routers are having issues with the game. Removing the firewall and going right through to the modem let me on no problem.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lynette

Yea, I figured out that by just rebooting both my cable modem & my router, the problem went away.

By the way, the WoW official realm forums are lousy.  Filled with "bumps" and assinine one-liners - what a complete waste of reading.  Atleast the tech forum was somewhat helpful.

Kothnok

I have my router configured with a Triggered Port Range for WoW (ie. once a computer starts to communicate via port X, automatically open up ports A, B, and C for use during that session).  This consists of telling the router that the "Trigger Port" is 3724 and the "Forwarded Range" is 6881 to 6999.  Maybe such a rule allowed me to avoid getting locked out like what happened to many of you recently.  If any of you would like help setting up this rule on your router, just PM me and I'll do what I can to help you.  It may not help at all, but then again, maybe it's worth a try.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Mines set for that, didnt help any. They did this right around when they first released BC too, made a bunch of home firewall/routers obsolete with playing WoW, I had to go buy a new router because my older one just would not work with it.

Avelandra

I find that software firewalls (Tiny Personal Firewall et al.) work best for making these issues go away. Just basic NATing and WAN Ping blocks on the router. (Yes Fi, thats right, the router anit really a firewall.)
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.