Revenge??

Started by TheGeneral451, November 11, 2008, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGeneral451

Everyone has had something happen in WoW that has spurned their thoughts of Revenge.  A horde ganking u over and over when you were clearly 10 lvls lower than them.  Getting jumped outside AQ20 by a horde guild.  So have you gotten revenge?  Was it everything and more?

I still owe a Tauren Hunter named Icdc for a SM beat down he laid down on me when i was a very green noob.  Unfortunately he is still a lvl 46 in armory so I guess he doesn't play.  So i will stew and hand out horde beatdowns when given the chance.  And by coincidence I killed a Twilighter last night when I was in Booty Bay trying to get Friendly with Bloodsail.  I forget the guildie i ganked, and again I am sorry you were flagged and I was doing AOE.  But you were a flagged horde 30 lvls lower than me, so u deserved what you got lol!

un4

Where's Jenjay when you need her?  ;)
un4

Drygioni

I was sent to a French prison by my best friend who framed me for treason. While there he told my fiance i was murdered and married her himself. Upon escaping i found a treasure of untold wealth. I used the treasure to become a nobleman. With the help of a former pirate I ruined the lives of those who wronged me, eventually getting back the woman  love. now I play World of Warcraft.

I'm thinking about writing a book about it. I'm toying with the title "Cyborg". Jean Claude Van Damm will play me.

un4

Get Arc to proofread it  ]:D
un4

Kothnok

No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

fiere redfern

Snuggles, the Tauren druid. That's right, Snuggles. Many a WSG match was lost because he was FC, and much better at it than I (and because this was pre-intrarealm PVP, alliance lost MANY matches). I even tried to keep pace with him somewhat in my leveling, though he always seemed to be on the high end of the bracket while I was just beginning. I wish he was still playing, last I saw he was doing circles on a wyvren mount in Shatt =/

Belandand

If I EVER find a dwarf rogue named Tuchofdeath on this server again, I'll smash him into pieces.

Here's the story for those that are interested:

Back on my first, original main, a retribution paladin named Belandand, I was asked by a group to help heal for DM West (I think, or w/e wing had a lot of Druid like elements to it). So I figured what the hell? I would seeing another dungeon and possibly getting a piece of loot. Little to my surprise was that the healer, a resto druid, was standing back and leaving me to do the main healing. After running out of mana after only a few seconds of fighting, Tuchofdeath would start to negatively critique my skills as a paladin because I couldn't heal. Long story short, when I was forced to rez everyone after the tank screwed things up, I ran into a mob, pulled it back to the group and then proceeded to bubble/hearth out leaving them to deal with my mess.

Jump to approx. a year and a half later, I was on Bourne (he was lvl 70 at this time) outside the SW gates. Lo and behold I got whisper-challenged to a duel by the little pipsqueek. The reason? He wanted me to know why he was one of the 2 best rogues on the server. Not wanting to back down, I accepted the challenge- mind you I was in quest and dungeon greens and blues, still trying to work out my spec. Let is suffice to say that he beat me and continued to challenge me to duels. He got really mad when I asked him if beating noobs made him feel randy.

What stinks is that this guy was experiencing the higher end game content before I was. I mean normally I don't really care who experiences content before me, I just felt (and still feel) that this guy was, in general, a bad human being that used WoW to socially fire bomb other people. People that are repugnant IRL shouldn't get to experience nice things- they should pay for all the terrible thing they have done to people. But far be it from me to judge them.

However, in the long run, this little bugger was banned after he found to be participating in buying toons and gold. When I found out, I grinned a little.

Long story short- don't be jerks to everyone you see. Cope with them as best as you can until you are free from having to interact with them. Furthermore, don't rag on someone's playstyle- just as Rome wasn't built in a day, none of us became great players over night.

And if anyone sees anyone named Tuchofdeath or anything close to that name, let me know.

Soronus

Anytime I think of revenge or hate on World of Warcraft, I think of South Park. Then I forget about it.

Some of my pre-BC stories back in Horde days:

Priests with Bene rolling for Jindo's Hexxer because they believe they deserve repair money.
Feral druids whining because my resto druid needed on T2.
Discussing what items people want in raid chat. People like this need to play a one-player game and then discuss it on gamefaqs or something.
Before cross-realm when 7 alliance Rogues/Hunters reported me for hacking just because they couldn't kill my 19 twink mage.
Any player who says pwn and the rest of the computer vocabulary too much.

Gutboy

I don't know if revenge against an NPC counts (or is merely a sign of impending mental illness), but if it does, all I have to say is: Mor'Ladim.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

un4

Quote from: Gutboy on November 12, 2008, 11:13:41 AM
I don't know if revenge against an NPC counts (or is merely a sign of impending mental illness), but if it does, all I have to say is: Mor'Ladim.

GB
I went back at level 60 and corpse camped him until BC came out.
un4

Shadowwolf

Quote from: un4given_one on November 11, 2008, 07:54:58 PM
Where's Jenjay when you need her?  ;)

Shes been succeeded by her cousin Sharissena who can much more easily bring the pain.

I would seek out revenge on Darsh, he was the idiot who basically killed <NBK> with his antics and drama, was always crude and vulgar on their vent on raids, typical arrogant elitist jerk who thought he was gods gift to WoW and the Hunter class. My revenge was served when he broke off with his own guild and started <Enigma> which lasted all of 2 months and imploded once everyone realized what a tool he was. Hes now gone thankfully and re-rolled horde somewhere on another server.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Liege

Quote from: Drygioni on November 11, 2008, 07:55:38 PM
I was sent to a French prison by my best friend who framed me for treason. While there he told my fiance i was murdered and married her himself. Upon escaping i found a treasure of untold wealth. I used the treasure to become a nobleman. With the help of a former pirate I ruined the lives of those who wronged me, eventually getting back the woman  love. now I play World of Warcraft.

I'm thinking about writing a book about it. I'm toying with the title "Cyborg". Jean Claude Van Damm will play me.

LMAO nice