3.1 Pally changes

Started by JohnnieRat, February 06, 2009, 07:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

[blizzard]    * Blessing of Kings – this spell is now a base ability trainable by all paladins.
    * Exorcism – this spell now causes damage to all types of enemy targets. However, it always critical strikes undead or demon targets. This change should make sure paladin damage doesn't drop when going from Naxxramas to later tiers of content.
    * Shield of the Templar now causes your Avenger's Shield and Shield of the Righteousness to silence targets for 3 sec. The old damage bonus of this talent has been folded into Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield, and Shield of the Righteousness.
    * Ardent Defender, Improved Hammer of Justice, One-Handed Weapon Specialization and more have had their ranks reduced.
    * Guarded by the Light – no longer reduces the mana cost of shield spells, but now has a 50/100% chance to refresh Divine Plea duration.
    * Judgements of the Just – now also reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 10/20 seconds and increases the duration of the Seal of Justice stun effect by 0.5/1 second.[/blizzard]

All pallies will be good pallies with Kings now!

Darkstar

Avengers shield now silences for 3 seconds...about freaking time we have some sort of CS for pulling!  Can't say if I'm particular on having those ranks reduced as long as it doesn't decrease the benefits.

un4

Did they just buff pallies?  Holy crap...
un4

capnpop

Not like they buffed ret...and Holy is getting kicked in the groin with a change to divine plea which wasn't listed in that post.

LastDyingBreath

Quote from: capnpop on February 06, 2009, 09:14:14 AM
Not like they buffed ret...and Holy is getting kicked in the groin with a change to divine plea which wasn't listed in that post.

saw a blue post saying "we want using divine plea to be a decision, not just an automatic button to press whenever it's up"

to which one pally replied "the only proper decision at this point is to not use it!"

JohnnieRat

For a holy pally it is a 5k+ mana pot every minute...

capnpop

5k?

i'm at 6-ish+ right now...but i'm also heavy on Holy light use and need a mana pool to keep it up

JohnnieRat

[blizzard]Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Retribution DPS in 3.1
Retribution dps, especially in PvE, is lower in 3.1 than we want. (Source)[/blizzard]

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/15443287762-ptr-ret-worst-pve-dps-in-game-help.html

O rly?

Apolla

I seen this and scratched my head at it too.  WTB light inside blizzards way of thinking.

*I am not concerned with the details.*

Haderach

if i may quote..."TOO THE GROUND BABY" >_>

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

JohnnieRat

Actually against single target raid boss DPS, pallies are theorycrafted among the lowest DPS classes

Jarekai

The way I read that blue post, it says that retro paly dps is lower than they want in v3.1, which is different than saying it's lower than they want on the current live build.

Hard to ascertain what that means exactly without knowing how much the nerfs were in the first place. Could probably gauge better with some testing on the PTR.

JohnnieRat

[blizzard]Sacred Shield: Now scales properly from spell power granted by Sheath of Light.[/blizzard]

Best... Change... Ever

Grendeel

[blizzard]The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced.[/blizzard]

How about that one for pallies.  A lock with dots and fear was your only real counter in the game and it is all but gone now.  Enjoy!

capnpop

sometimes i got burst down....you know...if i was chain silenced with no bubble and trinket...and stuff

so...never...