Arc's Pending Primal Nethers

Started by Arcdelad, January 23, 2008, 08:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

hey guys...this post is more for my OWN benefit than anyone elses...here is my current backlog of crafted goods - admittedly this is from memory, so please, anyone who has talked to me or sent me mats please feel free to add your name here.

Fiere: [item]Cobrascale Hood[/item] - Mats recieved, waiting on [item]Primal Nether[/item]

Jillena: [item]Cobrascale Hood[/item] - Mats recieved, waiting on [item]Primal Nether[/item]

Alloura: [item]Nethercleft Leg Armor[/item] - Mats recieved, waiting on [item]Primal Nether[/item]

Gutboy: [item]Nethercleft Leg Armor[/item] - not sure if i filled this already or not...let me know gut

Shadow: [item]Cobrascale Hood[/item] - Mats banked, waiting on [item]Primal Nether[/item]

Im sure i missed AT LEAST one person, so please post so I can keep proper track.

I am looking to do at least one heroic a night(preferably the daily), so anyone looking to get a heroic in when i am available please count me in.

Gutboy

Yeah, you did mine already. Thanks a bunch man.  O0

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

un4

I've got some extra time this week Arc, so lemme know when you want to steamroll some heroics.
un4

Nasanna

Just realized I have that pattern on Nas and I think I have 2-3 nethers in my bank if you'd like some help crafting the armor patches. I don't have the pattern for the hood though.

If you want to mail me the mats and tell me who to mail the armor patch to, I'm happy to craft a couple of these for ya Arc.

Arcdelad

great nas - ill send you Allo's and Luise's mats...thanks!!!

usonian

FYI to rogues waiting on a cobrascale hood, there are much cheaper and easier to aquire helms out there that are comparable to this one so don't let it's "epic" quality trick you.  I'm not telling you how to spend your money, but I'll personally be fine without dropping hundreds of gold on this hood for minimal upgrades.  Let's compare stats to the [item]Stealther's helmet of second sight[/item] and [item]Helm of the claw[/item], both easily-attainable quest rewards:

Here is the [item]Cobrascale Hood[/item] with the raw stats calculated (without talents).
271 armor
420 sta
111 AP
1.139% hit
.925% crit
1.85% dodge

Now, if we add cheap gems to the [item]Stealther's helmet of second sight[/item] (12 AP, 9 sta, 6 hit) we get these stats:
226 armor
180 sta
104 AP
1.202% hit
.6% crit
1.2% dodge

So the [item]Cobrascale Hood[/item] yields:
45 armor
240 sta
-.063% hit
.325% crit
.65% dodge

Now the [item]Helm of the Claw[/item] with a [item]swift skyfire diamond[/item] and a +6 hit gem:
237 armor
210 sta
115 AP
1.265% hit
.625% crit
1.25% dodge
4 resilience
minor run speed

The [item]cobrascale hood[/item] would yield:
34 armor
210 sta
-4 AP
-.126% hit
.3% crit
.6% dodge
-4 resilience
no run speed

You could even spend a little more money on really good gems and close the gap even more for a fraction of the cost.  I just don't see the value in this hood personally.  Food for thought.

Arcdelad

damn...have you ever seen what the helm of the claw looks like?!? U-G-L-Y...

uso brings up great points...[item]Cobra Scales[/item] are fairly low drop rate, and VERY expensive on the AH, making this a fairly expensive item to buy mats for...

the helm of the claw i think is easy to get - the stealthers is a lot more chalenging and involves a lengthy quest chain in shadowmoon valley that requires a 5 man group to complete...

usonian

I'm kind of glad it's ugly, that means most people won't use it or will probably just vendor it:P  [item]helm of the claw[/item] is one of the best helms in the game before the Merciless set+, Kharazan+ raiding, Badge of Justice rewards, etc. unless you're an engineer and can make [item]Deathblow X11 goggles[/item]  It is highly underatted IMO.

All it takes to get it is one run through SV too:)