dungen sets, T4, T5

Started by Tolwen, March 02, 2007, 10:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolwen

I was looking in thottbot to see where the dungen sets drop, what's there name and stuff didnt find anything.

If anyone knows more about these could they plz post it here? :)

tnx

voctovian

I find the easiest source of info is

http://www.wowwiki.com/Armor_Set

For Dungeon Tier 3, the specific website is

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dungeon_Set_3

Arcdelad

the way I understand it is that the dungeon sets 3A and 3B (dungeon set 1-2 was, for druid example, the wildheart set and the feralheart set) pieces drop in some of the level 70 insatnces (shattered halls, tempest keep, steamvaults) and also some of the other instances in heroic mode (hellfire cit, coilfang res, auchindon)...

you can look at the tier 4 gear in your scryer / aldor camp at shattrath..to get that gear you need to turn in gear tokens, kind of like what you did for Zandalaar and Cenarian circle items for ZG and AQ...I know that the helm tokens for the tier 4 drop in Karazhan (I want to call it Kazikstan :P) and other places like Gruuls lair and such...

we can totally get everyone geared in tier 4 and 5 when we are ready...with the new lower size requirmenets and our great membership, running the 10 man karazhan and 25 man ther raids to get the tiered gear should be smooth once everyone is settled in at level 70

Tolwen

sweetblood

almost at 64,i want to prepare myself for kara.is arena gear better than kara/heroic?can i do something now to start getting prepared for kara?any caverns of time quests i can do?i dont know which direction to go in,so any help would be apreciated. :)

Arcdelad

well, there isnt an easy answer like "all PVP gear is better than all other gear" or such...you need to pull and pick your gear from various sources and do some solid analyzations before you dedicate time to chasing down a piece of gear...

the arena gear is good, but there are better pieces out there (for druids anyway)....my gear is a mixture of kara gear, arena gear, badge of justice gear, heroic dungeon gear, reputation rewards, crafted gear and a couple of BG pieces for my bear set.

The best way to prepare for kara is to learn how to play your rogue well in the 5 man settings. Learn how to use sap effectively, learn how to watch aggro, and learn how to work alongside a tank and healer so you all mesh.

In terms of gear, at minimum, you need to have hit up all the normal 5 man dungeons like steamvaults, shattered halls, etc etc and gotten the gear you can out of there...if you like to PVP it certainly isnt a bad idea to put on some good level 70 pvp gear prior to coming into kara...if you can swing it financially or have a trade skill levelled, there are some great pieces of crafted gear out there...i guess the best thing you can do in preperation of kara is not go in there in level 64 quest items and such...the rest of the group could probably carry you through it, but it wouldnt be fair to the group as a whole...

Lynette

For gear, spend an hour and sort thru the chart found here ... http://shadowpanther.net/starter-pve.htm ... figure out the easiest path to get upgrades at every slot - especially weapons.  You won't need a group for hardly anything on this list.  Once you begin raiding Kara, you'll upgrade most of this gear again (so don't spend a fortune on the crafted stuff unless it is epic). 

For experience, run instances all along the way (don't just solo your way to 70) so that you get better at your role.  If you're lacking confidence in a PUG, just put up a run on the signup system and build an all guild group. 

Finally, find some good rogue forums and study.  Roguespot (http://www.roguespot.com/) has 2 nice message boards and there is a good writeup here ... http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dt4f32p_4dcj7jt.

Before entering Kara, ensure you have enchants & gems on EVERYTHING - do not skimp.

Muridin

i was thinking of trying to get the Doomplate Battlegear when i return, as well as any epics if i acquire any along teh way...

thoughts?

keep in mind im a ret paly, fully ret, would this set help me out?

un4

I recommend very strongly to get the Retainer's Blade (Scrybaby rep reward) and the CoT dagger if you're going to stay assassination.  I have a grand marshal's shiv, a Ced's Carver, and the Whispering Blade of Slaying from Murmur and I get crap DPS with them - that's why I'm combat spec with fist weapons right now :P
un4

sweetblood

well,made it to lvl 68.ive been trying to follow the shadowpanther guide but it seems alot of other gear ive got questing turns out better than the stuff im working hard for like the fel leather set.im not good at pvp but ive started to do some to get (something)better than what i have.im saving my honor for lvl 70 gear(season 2 gear),and im looking forward to kara,and want to join an arena team when i hit 70.im also trying to get group now for cot quests.i respecd entirely to combat using maces and im doing much more damage and think i should be gtg for kara as far practicing my moves.im always asking about gear pick ups(what is better)v.s. what i have and it still all confuses me.gear that i think is better turns out worse than what i have.guess ill keep linking.im starting to feel like a pain to ppl,i dont want to bother anyone but like everone else ,i want the best gear i can.im actually going to my first outland dungeon tonight(ramp).everyone says rep is important so ive spent most my time questing.as always,any help would be much appreciated.just want to be on the right track.thx

Shadowwolf

Guides and all are good to use if you are new to the game, but you shouldnt follow them to the letter all the time. The main problem with guides is they are usually written by 1 person and as such are very bias to that persons views, understandings and desires.

While that rogue guide I have no doubt is good, it doesnt fit every build, play style, available resources, etc. You kind of need to develop your own understanding of things and just use those guides as a jumping off point.

Gear is always a debatable subject for any class. A lot comes down to preference atop availability, some stuff is just harder for some to get than others. Talent build and attack habits also dictates what would fit you best.

2 things I spoke to you briefly about in tells the other night though that I personally feel you should stick to as a rule of thumb:

• Save rare quality gems (blue quality) for high level rare quality gear or epic quality gear
, socket greens and blues most likely to be replaced relatively quickly with uncommon (green) quality gems
  • Save high end enchants for the same as high quality gems, use lower quality enchants on gear as an added "boost" unless you have King Midas' gold at your disposal. It will get costly on mats to keep enchanting stuff every few levels.

Those are pretty much 2 rules I follow above and beyond all else.

Also, use the RatingBuster addon. (http://www.twilightonalex.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&Itemid=&gid=67) It makes seeing what gear is an upgrade and how SOOOO much easier than trying to think it out all the time. Depending on the class you play, it calculates class specific bonuses for you so you dont have to figure it out on your own. It basically compares items you click links on or mouseover with what you have equipped in that spot already under the "Stat Summary" section of the tooltip. You can play with the settings some and show some really detailed stat comparisons too. (See screenshot below)

Aside from all that, just ask others. Most everyone in the guild can give good feedback on what is better and whatnot for you.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

sweetblood

thvm,that helps alot.i will download that mod right now.i dont have alot of gold to spend and want a flying mount.(netherdrake in future).thx

sweetblood

ive been trying to analyze my armor and compared to t4 gear, it would seem that t5 would give me a definite upgrade but with t4,i think i would be loosing stats.looking at items from kara and gruuls, i see a few items like rings,trinkets and such (if they drop)but nothing real major.i picked up the new dungeon guide 2 and been reading like crazy.i signed up for the eye in jan. and hope to be alright to go by then.meanwhile,ive been pvping to get anything i can get my hands on.feedback?

un4

It's not letting me view your gear through the armory, but I'll be glad to check in game.
un4

Lynette

Quote from: sweetblood on December 30, 2007, 12:10:31 PM
ive been trying to analyze my armor and compared to t4 gear, it would seem that t5 would give me a definite upgrade but with t4,i think i would be loosing stats.looking at items from kara and gruuls, i see a few items like rings,trinkets and such (if they drop)but nothing real major.i picked up the new dungeon guide 2 and been reading like crazy.i signed up for the eye in jan. and hope to be alright to go by then.meanwhile,ive been pvping to get anything i can get my hands on.feedback?

Don't get too caught up in t4/t5 gear.  The t4 stuff is hard to get and the t5 won't really even be an option anytime soon.  I've only got 1 piece of t4 gear (hands) and my dps is fine for what the guild is doing right now.  Your best bet is to ensure your current gear is gemmed/enchanted properly, continue to PvP, and start raiding in Kara.  Even if you are only geared up for the first half of Kara, some nice rogue drops are available from Attumen, Moroes, Opera, and Curator. 

Great to see how passionate you are about all this, by the way.