Leveling Changes

Started by Nixphire, September 04, 2008, 01:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixphire

Looks like with addition to the new "patch" (read non content patch but prep for Wrath). They will be chaning the way leveling works for the 60-70 bracket. They'll be changing it the same way as they changed 20-60 currently got their change.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9336672846&sid=2000

[blizzard]Will 3.0 bring the 60-70 XP Changes?
Confirmed.[/blizzard]

Air

Yeah blizzard has lowered the needed experience by 30% or so.  The death knight I'm leveling was halfway through 67 when I finished Nagrand, and couldn't solo anymore of the group quests ]:D

Just in hellfire peninsula I was surprised, I went from level 58 to 62.  This never happened for me for any other character.  I usually run dry of quests about a quarter to half way into 61 there.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Darkstar

Question is though, the Xp on beta may be even more amped up than what will be live in order for peps to tewst out the higher level content sooner to find bugs.

Shadowwolf

Nah, XP isnt amped on Beta. They have it set the way they plan to do it live so they can gauge how long it would take most people to level. It is in a constant state of "Flux" tho from 70-77 (77 is the cap still atm) till they settle on the amount they think is good.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Riddlerr

thought i just post here instead of making a new thread..

*level 80 premade characters are available on beta servers*

All characters are level 80 with 4x22 or 4x20 slot bags depending on classes, PvP gear including full set of weapons, an epic flying and ground mount. Exalted with one or two faction depending on classes and friendly with the rest, maxed weapon skills and First Aid. Gear is also fully enchanted.

Air

QuoteQuestion is though, the Xp on beta may be even more amped up than what will be live in order for peps to tewst out the higher level content sooner to find bugs.

Yeah the 30% decrease is for 60-70, so now its 1-70 that we get a boost in leveling.  For 70-80, that's a tad different.  Going from 70-71 feels like I'm slamming into a brick wall going 80 mph.

QuoteAll characters are level 80 with 4x22 or 4x20 slot bags depending on classes, PvP gear including full set of weapons, an epic flying and ground mount. Exalted with one or two faction depending on classes and friendly with the rest, maxed weapon skills and First Aid. Gear is also fully enchanted.

Just got 3 characters copied over, still pending.  Looks like it might be awhile, maybe around 7 or 8 hours time.  Supposedly there gonna open up the Naxxramas 10/25 man instance in the next beta patch.  There's 3 slots available so I've copied over a Death Knight, Paladin, and a Hunter.  Were supposedly getting pvp gear so it might be kinda rough for my paladin getting any tank gear.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers