What was is today?

Started by Arcdelad, September 25, 2007, 06:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

happy birthday timo!!!

LOL shadow and dry...im still waiting on some brilliant person to develop that insta-spell checker for WOW typing...

thats true though dry...some of the recent brilliant economists tweaked some of the keynesian models to account for psycology and such...maybe the type of person who will play Halo 3 non stop until his eyeballs bleed is the type of WOW player who enjoys inflicting pain on elementals and clefthoofs in order to grind grind grind for mats to sell...then supply would become scarce and demand would stay the same and our prices would jump. If the Halo 3 demographic is more the type of person who is a noggenfogger chugging, trinket toting, mind control the guy off the cliff, dot dot dot fear fear fear type, then our PVP is going to suffer.

I do think there will be a short term impact from Halo, but I dont think itll be long. This game is pure crack - you can't fight that addiction for too long :)

Arcdelad

lol threl

maybe that means the sub prime wow rate will drop and we can finally put some gold down on a low interest loan for a guild house...

Kothnok

Happy Birthday Timo and Uso!

Despite all the wow deflation concerns, one thing is still unaffected....

:carlton_draught:

Cheers!
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Tyban

Happy Birthday Uso and Timo!!!

Halo what? Xbox What?

Arc, wnhd dkde dhsnsd kk sli, nmfs lsko fjisie nad wenmt thiesdes kiekle!!! ;D

Jandris

Happy birthday guys - see you next week when you both sober up.  ]:D
Have one or two on me. :D :carlton_draught: 

Buzan

O how did I miss Timo, happy B-DAY Timo!!!  :carlton_draught:  :Victoria_Bitter:  :Fosters_Pack:

un4

Haha, happy b-day guys.  Get Halo 3 and waste some aliens for me :P
un4

Nixphire

What's all this talk about Halo? What is it? [wowitem]Halo of Transcendence[/wowitem]?

Threlin

Holy spit! I just realized Timo is *my* age now! Well...at least for a month until I flip over another year.  ;D

:carlton_draught: to us old geezers still runnin' with the kids!  :D

Gutboy

Amen Threl! I guess 40+ is senior-citizen territory in the gaming world.  ;D  At least Halo 3 won't cut into my WoW time -- my last console was an Atari 5200.  :P

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Air

Dethklok from Metalocalypse just released there album "Dethalbum".  Myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/dethklok.  Warning: it's death metal type music  ;D
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Zario

Happy B-day Uso and Timo!  I'll join you tomorrow at the ripe old age of 26!  We're nearly birthday buddies!

Now I have a bone to pick with you Nix.  I think we're all quite aware of your neo-classical economic shenanigans. 

1.  I think we may find that price elasticity is actually going to be rather inelastic in the durable goods sector.  And believe you me that reagents are most certainly a durable good from a consumer's macroeconomic standpoint, as supply can't be adjusted in the short run. 

2.  THAT being said, we'll probably see a Keynesian-like resistance to downward price adjustments once labor kicks in and adjusts its output upwards. 

3.  Conclusion.  EVEN THOUGH we'll eventually get the Halo 3 players back, sellers will be averse to dropping their wages (read AH prices) because they've become accustom to their higher standard of living.  So unfortunately inflation is inevitable and in 'real' terms we're no better or worse off. 

And in classic Zario fashion, I've probably killed this thread.  Sorry Uso and Timo  :-[

fiere redfern

Your economic analysis makes my poor widdle enginerdy head hurt, Zar >.<

And in typical (nowadays) late fashion, congratulations on another year in the land of the living, Timo and Uso!

/drops back into lurk mode

Threlin

Quote from: Gutboy on September 25, 2007, 03:50:02 PM
Amen Threl! I guess 40+ is senior-citizen territory in the gaming world.  ;D  At least Halo 3 won't cut into my WoW time -- my last console was an Atari 5200.  :P

GB

I hear ya, GB! My last console was an 8-bit Nintendo.  ;D

Remember the world of Atari 2600? Man, that Pong was waaaaaaay crazy! ;)

Here's to us senior-citizen gamers!  :Victoria_Bitter: