LOTR beta sign up

Started by Genoism, September 10, 2006, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario

I just got an invite to the beta today.  You have to download a 2.6 gb file :(  This will take forever.

Lyte

Muridin

ive signed up for the beta .... looks very interesting, but nothing could take over my love for WoW

Genoism

usonian

i got in too and finally downloaded the 2.6 gig file while playing wow last night.  then i had to extract everything, load the game, and then download all the updates.  it took quite awhile but now it's all loaded and ready for my acccount creation tonight.  i'll create a toon named usonian so if anyone else is on look me up. 

the screenshots look nice and all but some of the gameplay looks a bit boring and slow.  i think wow did it right with the "cartoon" look because evey game i see that tries to make a realistic looking game just reminds me that the technology to do it correctly doesn't exist yet - at least for home pc's.  i'll stick with wow, but i can't resist some free play on a game that isn't out yet.

Lyte

I have everything downloaded and updated and ready now also.  All ready for the account creation tonight.  I'll try to make a character named Lyte, but if it's taken or not available or something, check for my other alt names I use:  Rosalyn, Chrystine

Gailzee

LOL, I got an invite as well. I may check it out, but my desktop computer is having issues. I freeze in game and have to reboot. After a while if I don't reboot, the screen goes blank.

Any ideas on what is going wrong with my comp? I would greatly appreciate any ideas, as trying to buy new components and hoping I get lucky is not cool. Also, when I turn in quests and receive my reward I get DCed. I don't immediatly get kicked back to server, but the game stops responding and in a few minutes goes to the disconnected from server screen.

This problem(s) do not happen on my lappy via my wireless router.  Please help!  :'(

Darkling

I got in a long time ago, like 2 months ago. Just been too lazy to download and install it. I might do so this evening right before I go to bed so it may be done by the time I wake up in the morning.

Zario

I bet Tuesday mornings will be the busiest time for the beta  ;D I too am all set for the character creation tonight and I think I'm going to try and stick with the name Zario. 

Muridin

how many people from here would migrate on over to LOTRO? i would casually play when the game is released. but then again .... BC would be out before LOTRO ...

w00t, chrissy smileys!
:xmaswreath: :snowman: :xmas_tree: :santa_smiley: :oldschool_frosty:

Lyte

were you guys able to sign up yet? 

usonian

The account creation webpage became available at about 8:05 EST.  After that I had to wait to get through since everyone else was probably doing the same thing and flooding the server.  I finally got through and signed in after about an hour.  The disappointing thing was that after all the downloading, extracting, loading, and signing up, the server wasn't even available to play and won't be until Thursday.

Lyte

ya I got signed up last night also.  Just gotta wait to get into the server because it's closed still.

Muridin

still waiting to hear if i got in yet .... i check my emails every 5 minutes just about lol .... man i must be either sad, or must be getting bored with WoW.

Tassie

I signed up and said I was in Twilight.