Archaeology Rewards

Started by Shadowwolf, December 13, 2010, 08:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Some people have asked the point of Archaeology and what benefit it would bring. Here's a list of some of the things you can uncover with solving to answer that:

Mounts
[item]Scepter of Azj'Aqir[/item]

[attach=1]

[item]60954[/item]

[attach=2]

Pets
[item]Clockwork Gnome[/item] - Mechanical Gnome Pet
[item]60955[/item] - Raptor Skeleton Pet
[item]Crawling Claw[/item] - Small Hand Pet (like Thing from Addams Family)

Transformation Items
[item]64646[/item] - Turns you into a Naga
[item]Wisp Amulet[/item] - Turns you into a Wisp
[item]Blessing of the Old God[/item] - Turns you into an AQ bug
[item]64482[/item] - Sends yourself random whispers from Yogg.

Misc Items
[item]The Innkeeper's Daughter[/item] - Hearthstone like item, does share a CD with Hearthstone.
[item]Arrival of the Naaru[/item] - Spawns a Naaru and some Draenei that bow.
[item]64457[/item] - Teleports you to a random spot in Azeroth.
[item]Chalice of the Mountain Kings[/item] - Spawns 4 IF dwarves that do a short Riverdance like show for you.
[item]Kaldorei Wind Chimes[/item] - Does an emote and plays a small wind chime noise, works a lot like the Fountain Coin from WotLK.
[item]Druid and Priest Statue Set[/item] - Spawns a beam of green light and leaves on yourself.
[item]Highborne Soul Mirror[/item] - Creates a mirror image of yourself. Image just stands there.

BoA Items
[item]Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown[/item]
[item]Headdress of the First Shaman[/item]
[item]Nifflevar Bearded Axe[/item]
[item]Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds[/item]
[item]Staff of Ammunae[/item]
[item]Scimitar of the Sirocco[/item]
[item]Ring of the Boy Emperor[/item]
[item]Pendant of the Scarab Storm[/item]
[item]Tyrande's Favorite Doll[/item]
[item]Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan[/item]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Heres a heads up

[item]Recipe: Vial of the Sands[/item] is only attainable via Archaeology. Its a drop inside an artifact you can solve of [item]Canopic Jar[/item] of the Tol'vir branch of Archaeology.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Simmon

what a rip...so not only do you have to be an alchemist, but you have to grind archaeology..and the mats will cost you over 20k....someone remind me why i still play this game????

fiere redfern

'Cause you're a sucker for punishment, just like the rest of us ;)

dharq

I thought they changed it so the mount is no longer bop? So now you only have to know an alchemist who'll make one for you at cost after grinding up alch & arch :D

Kothnok

The recipe is probably still BoP so they alchemist still needs to use Archaeology to find it, once found, then they can make it for others.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Just to pass along the info...

I asked for clarification on if you needed Alchemy to get the Vial of the Sands recipe drop from Archaeology and a GM has confirmed it. You need Alchemy in order to get it from the jar.

Kothnok

A few things about the Vial of the Sands recipe drop:

• You do not need to be max Archaeology nor max Alchemy skill in order to find the drop, but you need to have both professions.
  • The Canopic Jar that drops this recipe is a common item completed from Tol'vir Digsites.
  • Tol'vir dig sites are 450+ Archaeology skill and only in Uldum.
  • There are about 6 Tol'vir dig sites and 54 across all of Kalimdor, meaning when you mine out a Kalimdor dig site it has a 1/12 chance of spawning a Tol'vir dig site which contain 9 to 18 fragments.
  • There are 7 common Tol'vir artifacts requiring 45 fragments each to complete. If you are max skill (525), you will not be able to get repeats until you've completed them all once.
  • The Canopic Jar has a, currently unknown, % chance to drop the recipe.
  • Currently, the only people that have the recipe found it on their first jar. No one has reported finding one in subsequent jars (some people are already on their 9th jar and have put 130+ hours into farming for it).

I have been pushing Koth's Archaeology and Alchemy in the hopes that I could get the drop before Christmas.  My heart leaped into my throat as my 2nd artifact for Tol'vir was the Canopic Jar. I was breathless with anticipation as I opened it, hoping and praying for the recipe to be inside...

Mummified Organs was the only thing found inside.

I felt crushed... to put it lightly. I wearily pushed on and completed another 2 common Tol'vir items in the next few hours in the vain hope of getting a repeat of Canopic Jar (this was before I was aware I wouldn't get a repeat until I finished them all) and got stuck with unearthing the rare Scarab toy drop. Wee, 150 frags for something I could care less about. As I pushed on, I had time to do some research for the above information as I flew from site to site. After three complete clears of Kalimdor without getting a single Tol'vir dig site, I gave up all hope of ever obtaining this drop let alone getting one before Christmas. I hate Blizz with a passion atm.  >:(

To any of you also pursuing this drop, good luck to you, you'll need it.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.