If you have money to burn

Started by Tony, August 26, 2011, 02:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Icemunch

Shadowwolf

Thats nice and all, but looking at the specs, its not a whole lot better than a run of the mill top end laptop when you strip out the unnecessary toys. About the only noteworthy thing in it is that touchscreen thing next to the keyboard, which, honestly that's cool, but really? Its a showoff piece to me, I don't see the need or practicality of that, even for a hardcore competition gamer like my cousin was.

idk, to me, the money that would/does cost is a waste even if you have it to waste. Its a laptop, which means only so much is upgradable and in 2yrs, its old and newer machines will kick its ass in performance =P

You could get a desktop and buy one of these if you wanted a toy

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus-tactus/
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Apolla

Considering they have SLI capable laptops now, this really isnt that impressive.  The thing that scratched my head is duo-core...its supposed to be a next gen gaming laptop and I can't imagine a duo-core being more impressive than a quad regardless of clock speed. They have 3ghz+ speed quad cores...so unless its a typo why go that route?

Only thing that I find neat about it is the fact it is metal and metal, rumor has it collects heat so it can be cooled better than a regular laptop.  Downside is you would need a fancy/impressive cooling set up...and to be honest after having a place to mount it you have a crappy 2800$ desktop.

*I am not concerned with the details.*

Shadowwolf

They prob went cheap on the processor to save cost since everything else drives it up. Most of gaming is done on the video cards anyhow, a quad core or dual core isnt going to show too much difference if the video cards and memory are maxed out. Usually its the FPS and HDD access times that slow games down these days which is why a lot of hardcore gamers go SCSI or SSD drives for max speed.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess