The Dresden Files on Sci-Fi

Started by Peligrie, December 12, 2006, 06:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peligrie

I finally saw a commercial for the long awaited TV show I've been wanting to see since I knew early this year they'd be filming it! The Dresden File book series has been a favorite of mine for a while (by Jim Butcher). It might be a tad on the silly side now that it's coming to TV and isn't just in books, but I'm going to watch it and find out first :) :) :) Airing January 21st (Sunday) at 9pm on Sci-fi.

Thought I'd share.

Here is the synopsis:

Harry Dresden is a private detective with a wry sense of humor and a terrific success rate with missing objects and people. He is also the only wizard who advertises in the Chicago Yellow Pages. His detective business covers some of the bills, but most of his meager income comes from helping out the Chicago Police Department on those cases that they just aren't equipped to deal with. Demons, vampires, werewolves. You know... the usual. Based on the best-selling novels by Jim Butcher, The Dresden Files is like Harry Potter as written by Raymond Chandler and Douglas Adams.

Next episode: Storm Front
We are introduced to Harry Dresden, private detective and practicing wizard. When he tries to help the Chicago Police Department solve a grisly murder, he finds himself the target of a homicidal magician. And as if that isn't bad enough, the High Council of wizards begins to think that he is falling to the dark side, so he must elude them as well. Now he must stop the murderer and clear his name before his time runs out.

un4

Pretty tasteless choice of a name...
un4

Peligrie

As far as a TV series...yah they could have done better. Since it's named from the book, I guess they decided to stick with that name.  Suppose they could have called it "Wizard" or something just more "catchy". I'm just hoping that it doesn't matter what it's called--just as long as they did a good job with it  ;D

Arcdelad

if i hear coin operated boy by the dresden dolls ONE more time in my life my spleen will spontanouesly explode

usonian

ha ha, i'm not sure if you noticed this was about a tv show or if just seeing the name dresden brought up such painful memories you couldn't think properly.  since we've spun off on a tangent now i will say that song gets on my nerves but is a perfect example of the radio giving a decent band a bad rap.  i saw the dresden dolls open for nine inch nails and they rocked!  life lesson: don't trust the radio (well maybe some satellite radio nowadays).

Arcdelad

dude....you telling me that whiny chick and her piano rock? cmon man :)

Tankgrl

Love NIN. Hate radio. They play the same worn out songs over and over and over.