Voice Casting in the Video Gaming Industry

Started by Fab, November 22, 2011, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fab

Hey everyone,

First off- I feel like it is time for me to introduce you all to what I do for work. I've been playing with you guys for years off and on and haven't really delved into my work life, when I should have, especially considering the nature of it.

The easy explanation is that I am a Producer at a casting agency, that focuses on casting for Video Games in dozens of languages (Eve Online, Civilization Series, Huxley), Film (Incredible Hulk, Death Race), TV, animation, audiobooks and corporate videos.

I've been lucky enough to work with videogame developers like Ubisoft, EA and 2K Games, to name a few and quite simply love this industry and am lucky enough to work in it. Now, I'm not entirely sure what everyone else does, but I decided to ask around and see if there is anyone else involved in the gaming industry in some fashion, more out of curiosity then anything else to be honest.

So essentially, I am networking with you all! We're located in Montreal, but have a foot in Toronto and LA as well. So if anyone of you would like to potentially develop a business relationship, outside of WOW, I'm all ears. If not, I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the direction you feel the gaming industry is going, especially in the PC World.
Has anyone tried out Skyrim btw!

Jason
(aka Fab)

Kothnok

Very cool, Fab.  8)

I've worked on dozens of projects in my career as a code composer, including development of a video game similar to Duke Nukem (which got abandoned soon after that got released).  I've also worked on a Star Fleet Battles game and am still quite proud of a limitless hexagon play map I developed so that you could literally fly in one direction at Warp Factor 9 and never encounter a map edge, allowing for wide ranging battles (I've yet to find any game w/o map boundaries of some kind).

If you ever meet up with Felicia Day during your work, I'd be totally jealous! (<3 her!)

Btw, if you'd ever want my voice for a game, I'm ... uh... game! ;)  :portal2guy:

Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone (whomever is celebrating) I'm busy working on something for the site  :pumpk_pie:
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.