Azshara is more for picnic baskets and making out

Started by Arcdelad, March 26, 2009, 06:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

A blue poster recently stated this in a PVP post response:

[blizzard]We have a new battleground on the way for Wrath of the Lich King as well. It's looking pretty cool so far.[/blizzard]

It looks like through probing this new battleground is going to actually be an old INCOMPLETE one - the long lost Azshara battleground. Not many people go to that zone - it doesnt have a ton of quests and it takes a lot of inconvenient ground travel, but there are a lot of people like Shadow who love the way the zone looks, and its been kind of a shame that its been so neglected for 4+ years now....

For those who don't know the lore behind the zone, check out this "cliff notes" version of Richard Knaac's trilogy about the Sundering..

http://www.wowwiki.com/War_of_the_Ancients_%28novel_account%29

dharq

Actually, the inconvenient ground travel kinda explains 90% of the reason I dislike the classic zones... You've given me the freedom to move how I want in BC and WotLK, and now you want me to go back to 2D movement?  Yeah, right. Lemme get right on that.

Azshara's always been a cool zone, but it's outta the way, and well, there's not much to do. I've been wondering when that dang BG would be put in though since AV came out.