BG honor points

Started by Muridin, December 12, 2006, 11:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muridin

answer me this, how is the honor you receive for killing an enemy calculated now? back before the patch, it was driven by rank, and how many times you've killed that person in a short while.

i recently was playin in AB, looked at the info by clicking on the lil icon, and i looked at my name, and i saw i was ranked as a master sergeant... how does this work?

dharq

Rank is no longer tied to honor gain at all. Rank is now a static title that reflects the highest rank you ever earned under the old system.

Honor points now are like copper (I would say gold, but that would give them a bit too much worth). You fight. You earn. You buy.

Muridin

that part i understand

but when u kill a hordie, the pop up comes up that you killed a General, or another hordie rank

Darkling

Once you get exhalted with AB, AV, or WSG, you get granted a new title you can display on your name as well. At least from what I read on the new BG notes of the community site on WoW.

Shadowwolf

I think you can kill someone a maximum of 10 times before you no longer get honor off that kill. I *think*. Im not 100% positive, but theres the standard honor degradation off HKs which I dont think was changed in any way from how it used to work. Again, I could be wrong tho as I dont pvp that much so someone who does would know better.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Luise

I've heard rumors that they have changed the amount of honor you get since the most recent patch. Is this true? Are they making it harder to get those epic GM weapons?

Grendeel

On the blizz website they really havent explain how much honor you get for kills yet.   The 10% deminishing effect is still listed so i assume that still applys.  However some of my HKs, on the first kill, have been 2 honor points.    I dont see fractional honor anywhere so im not sure what the deal is anymore.  Also if rank no longer matters, how come i get varying honor, depending on who i kill?   Some i get 14 honor for and others only 2.  That was explained in the past based on the rank of the HK.  Since it doesnt apply, what accounts for the discrepency?

As for getting Gm gear, its very easy now compared to what it was in the past.  If you couldnt play constantly everyday of the week, that gear was unavailable to you.  Now it is.   Im happy that others can get their GM gear but im pissed at blizz  >:(.    I worked hard for all my gear and now everyone is going to have it with a heck of a lot less work  :(

Shadowwolf

Yes they have. They didnt think out the issues about the people who would be pvping for 12hrs+ a day for a week straight and now have lots of people running around in GM gear, most of whom are honor farmers that you see sitting in the BGs doing nothing.

[blizzard author=Nethaera link=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=55975614&sid=1] Now that the Before the Storm content patch has been live for the past week, we’ve had a better opportunity to track the rate at which players are accumulating honor, and subsequently how easy it's been to obtain honor rewards. In gauging these elements, we've determined that the effort required to obtain honor rewards is more trivial than we had intended. As a result, during today's maintenance we’ve applied a hotfix that reduced the amount of honor gained by approximately 30%. This change allows the honor rewards to be obtained at rate that better reflects the item’s in-game value.

The reason that we decided to reduce the rate of honor gain rather than simply raise the honor cost of each item, is to ensure that everyone’s time and effort participating in PvP since the patch is not diminished. As this change will only affect future honor accumulation.
[/blizzard]
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Grendeel

30% reduction of what though?  There isnt an expanation of how honor is calculated that i could find on the site.

Emmalina

I'd assume that's 30% reduction on Bonus Honor and HK honor. Previously you received 20 Honor for a AV Tower Cap or Lieutenant kill, now you receive 14, so there's that 30%. I don't earn enough Honor in WSG or AB to give you any numbers though.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Grendeel

Oh i realize its 30% reduction of the honor.   What i meant was blizz hasnt provided an explanation has to how honor is calculated.  Ive watched me get 14 honor for one horde killed then 2 for another.   Sure its a 30% honor reduction,but how is the original honor calculated for an HK?

edit -

I believe in the past the honor in raids was a percentage of overall damage done within the raid/group.  I can find no explanation like that now

Emmalina

Ah, I see your question. I find that I earn much more HK honor if I spam my offensive spells and DoTs rather than if I heal the people around me. This would lead me to believe that Honor would be calculated based on damage to the target or something similar, which would be even more frustrating to me seeing as how Blizz doesn't give many breaks to PVP healers anyway.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Muridin

i thought prices went up .... i want to get a GM 2h sword or axe ... and i just realised that before the patch, it costed 22500 ... now its 40 000 ...... so unless they tell us how we alcumulate honor from kills, im going to be one confused chappy

Shadowwolf

since 1.12 all honor earned in raids off HKs was broken up evenly to the total number of people in the raid. The more times that person was killed the more that total honor per kill dropped till it became zero. I dont know what the maximum honor was per kill to say where that has decreased. I do believe the total number of times you could kill someone of the opposing faction before they yielded no honor for that day anymore was 10.

WoWwiki has some huge amount of data on Honor pre-2.0.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Honor_System

I dont care enough about pvp to read through all that, lol. Sorry.

Edit:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_Points - Contains post 2.0 Honor info though a lot of it is still incomplete and vague due to Blizz's standard tight-lip policies.

un4

The 30% reduction just squashed any chances of me getting PvP rewards. :)
un4