Mouseses

Started by Raif, February 07, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raif

I think I may have asked this before, i tried searching, nothing came up.

I have a microsoft sidewinder x8, it was nice, but its starting to crap out on me.

Im looking at the razer naga, or a logitech

Anyone have any suggestions for good MMO Gaming mice/keyboards?

Shadowwolf

DO NOT get Razer!

They switched over to an online Digital Rights software system for all their mice which is supposed to make it easier to save your profiles and macros across multiple machines, but the thing crashes Windows a ton. If you lose internet connection it also locks up and doesnt function properly a lot too.

I would stick with Logitech. Right now im using the G9x, but ive been looking at switching over to the G600 http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse?crid=825.

I had the Razer Naga Epic and it was nice, took some adjustment, but the moment they switched over to their new driver system it became total garbage. The mice are great, but it does little good when the driver and control software is such total crap. Sadly, you cant even download the older software anymore either, which would be great if that was an option.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

So I purchased logitech, and happened to accidentally buy a new keyboard on the way out too...

Got both logitech "MMO series"
The Logitech - g110 http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5290436
And
The Logitech  -g600 http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4548030&CatId=143

Now comes the long process of customizing them, and the even longer process of getting used to them
...12 Thumb buttons!!!!

Shadowwolf

Im not sure youll use the keyboard so much as the mouse. I have the G19 keyboard and still have yet to actually use those G keys on the left, heh. I just like having the screen because it shows me whos speaking on Vent, heh.

The mouse might take some adjustment but once you get used to it youll curse anything without those buttons. When I switched back to the G9x I was and still am annoyed because the huge mass of thumb buttons on the Naga Epic was nice to have.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Raif

Im setting the g buttons for unimportant things like, shifting forms, things that would be nice to have but arnt crucial.

The mouse is nice so far, the layout of the thumb buttons is a little clumsy, a few of them are nicely raised or have a raised dash on them to find easily, but some just hide in the backround. the 2nrd right click is nice to have too, can be used as a modifier to the thumb buttons

Lord Entropy

It took me quite a while (I'm old), but I finally adjusted to the Naga.  While I recognize the software deficiency Shadow described, it hasn't been too annoying to me so far.  I multi-button mouse is especially important for me since I play on a laptop with a small keyboard.  My Naga is starting to wear out and I'm seriously considering the Logitech as a replacement.  My biggest annoyance with the razor is that it's really too small for my hand.

Shadowwolf