Rogues getting some love soon in reduced melee DPS in instances

Started by Shadowwolf, February 25, 2007, 06:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

[blizzard author=Tigole link=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=77556711&sid=1] We're going to be doing a tuning pass on our dungeon and raid content to make sure that the point blank damage that Melee dps is taking (in particular rogues) isn't overly harsh.

For example, we'll be changing many monster cleaves to be a directional, 180 degree cone attack, rather than a 360 degree chain melee attack.

Expect these changes in a future patch. More details to come.[/blizzard]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

W00t!  Now all they need to do is buff shadowstep, and I'm happy :)
un4

Vengeance

Thats a good thing to happen...this works out for me in cat form too  :P

Darkling

Now if they would just bring up our melee dmg to normal and make more boss mobs not immune to stun and poisons. Oh, and allow us to sap mobs in combat for better cc.

Genoism

Quote from: Thingiebob on February 25, 2007, 11:46:37 AM
Now if they would just bring up our melee dmg to normal and make more boss mobs not immune to stun and poisons. Oh, and allow us to sap mobs in combat for better cc.

if raid mobs or bosses in instances became stunnable....you bring 2-3 rogues and you'll never need a healer again :p Somehow i doubt they'll ever do that.

Lord Entropy

Quote from: Genoism on February 25, 2007, 12:52:28 PM
Quote from: Thingiebob on February 25, 2007, 11:46:37 AM

if raid mobs or bosses in instances became stunnable....you bring 2-3 rogues and you'll never need a healer again :p Somehow i doubt they'll ever do that.

Yeah, that's true, but they should give fight control abilities to rogues for raids.  Instead of stuns, maybe abilities that slow boss attacks for a short period of time.  There are many creative possibilities.

dharq

Sap worked in combat back in the beta. It was one of the biggest problems in the game. I don't expect that one will ever come back.

I do agree poisons should be working against more bosses, as well as stuns and other forms of cc... Sucks that some classes have about 1/2 their combat ability shut down during boss fights.

Vengeance

I dont think bosses should be effected by any stun effects...if that happened almost everything would be a breeze with a few rogues. Although, bosses should definitly be effected by poisons. That, just doesnt make sense  :)

Zario

That's excellent news.  Gratz to rouges.  Now if there were just an easy way to select which side you wanted your pet to attack from, I could keep my Beastmaster spec for longer.

Shadowwolf

Technically there is a way for that. Whichever side you happen to be facing the mob is usually the side your pet attacks from. As long as growl is off on bosses, if the Tank is doing the job right it wont ever spin around on your pet.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess