Finishing Move Rotations

Started by un4given_one, September 27, 2007, 07:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

Rawr!

Now that you've got your spec worked out, you may be unsure of what finishers to use.  The basics are as follows:

-Slice and Dice (SnD) increases your attack speed and therefore your white DPS.

-Eviscerate provides a large burst of damage in a single shot (= large burst of aggro
              = pain)

-Envenom, when talented, can do even more base damage than eviscerate.  It
              ignores armor, but can be affected by nature resistance.

-Rupture does a large amount of damage over time, giving you a chance to shed
              some aggro before you get smeared.

-Kidney Shot (KS) is a 1-6 second stun, depending on your level and trained rank in
             it.  With Improved KS, attacks to the target during the stun deal an extra 
             10% damage.  KS does not work on bosses and some mobs.

For world PvE and solo gameplay, use what you like.  Stuns and eviscerate have both served me fine.  For PvP, stuns and burst damage (envenom/evis) are amazing, but DoTs (rupture/deadly poison) can be used to keep targets from stealthing; caiter your finishers to your victims.

For raiding, however, you probably want to learn some finishing move rotations.  You use the basic pattern and repeat ad nausiam.

Rotations based on spec:

Combat swords: 2 CP SnD, 5 CP Rupture.  With the T4 bonus, try 1 CP SnD/5 CP 
              Rupture.

Combat daggers: 3 CP SnD, 5 CP SnD, 5 CP Rupture

Mutiliate: the best rotation I've heard for mutilate is as follows: "Garrote, Mutilate,
              SnD if it was a crit, Mutilate again then SnD."

Deep sub isn't really for raiding.  Fists are essentially equivilant to swords, and for any other spec, spam that 3/5/5 SnD/SnD/Rupture rotation :P
un4

Jilinna

I learnt something today :P...thnx u vey much for clearing up the rotations for me i never knew tht they were finishers :)

thnxs alot i really apperciate it =)
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

Vengeance

bleeds can also be used against warriors/pallies in pvp, and against other high armor mobs...i know as a druid, bleed is far more powerful then our form of Eviscerate, mainly because it uses all our energy as well, and the damage, even if crit, will not make up for the damage missed because of lost energy...but the bleed is more effective because of our holy mangle  ;)

fiere redfern

Agreed =) The mangle/lacerate combination has saved my butt on several occasions when the mob up and died due to the bleed effect when I was one or two hits shy of taking a dirtnap myself. Bleed effects are powerful things - particularly when they stack ^_^

Vengeance

lacerate > skillherald wielding MS warriors
/laugh ]:D :Alliance Banner:

un4

When specced for raiding, rupture usually does more damage than eviscerate.  In PvP though, I -love- dropping a 4k evis crit on someone after opening with a stun rotation.  :D
un4

LastDyingBreath

un4

You can never go wrong with the 3/5/5, but depending on your gear and spec, you may be able to get some more oomph out of your CP.
un4