New Signup System

Started by Shadowwolf, October 23, 2007, 09:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

The new signup system is up and running, all the current events have been copied over.

I copied over everyone's character information as well but things like resistance levels were lost as the new system tracks them differently and it was already tedious enough to copy the important stuff =/

There will be a little learning curve with the changes on this, its the same system, but heavily revamped. If things prove to be a problem with it we can easily switch back to the old system. The reason it was necessary to update as we have patched as much as we could to keep this old version running we now have a ton of issues with it.

I will post updated how-to's on using it shortly, I need to now go get a nap as ive been up all night trying to finish it up. Please post any errors / problems / questions on the forum as usual and I will answer them as best as I can.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Thane

I am having a difficult time figuring out how to post comments under my name when i sign up. you know things like "can't make it till 7" or "I'll do my best to make it" things like that. but i am pretty computer daft. maybe someone could just tell me how to :)

Shadowwolf

You can edit it by clicking on the small "n/a" under your name just above the signup date for your character. I know...its hard to see, I need to work on that, wasnt my design.

[attachimg=1]
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Thane

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf

Updated the how-to on making new events to reflect the new system changes. The guide can be found in the same location as before.

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=613.0

Trismus

Alright, It's apparent I missed something and I just wanna know how to fix this. I signed up for the Kara A run next week, but it put me in the Queue and I have no idea how to put myself in the confirmed attending slot... which is where I ought to be.

How do I fix this?

-Tris

edit: normally I'd take more time to figure this out, but I have to run to class and don't want to miss the signup.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Arcdelad

The system now is set, I think, to where only the event creator or an officer can shuffle you into active. I check it daily and will put people into active as needed.

Trismus

Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Nixphire

I'm still learning it too, I accidently kicked my self off active rather then hitting the comment button. HALP I fall down!
And for good measure  :Franken:

Shadowwolf

Everyone queues automatically on any event with the new one. I did this to help with the problem a lot of people spoke about where a 5 person run would sometimes get 5 dps active and no tanks or healers  :P

This way, the event leader / guild officer can shuffle the necessary classes around to insure a smooth and capable run. As with anything, priority is given to signup time after the mandatory roles are filled which is logged so we can see who was first to signup for an event.

kaylasb

Thanks Shadow for your effort and time in this system :Pumpkin: As a note, if you want to be part of the event but not sure if u are going to be on time, don't forget to leave a note and inform the leader that you are going to stay that way  :Vampire:

Dragonwizard

i wanted to be added so i can create a character and be able to sign up for events.ty

Drygioni

go to the event sign up page and create your profile.