poisons

Started by sweetblood, January 10, 2008, 05:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetblood

i usually use deadly poison on my mh and crippling on my oh for pvp,but i was curious of what the best would be for kara.any suggestions?last kara run i used deadly on mh and instant on my oh.will it make alot of difference? :)

Lynette

For raiding, I use Deadly on MH and Instant on OH.  If the mobs are poison immune, then I use sharpening stones.

usonian

I don't use deadly much, but maybe put that on your fastest weapon so it stacks as fast as possible.  You'll probably get more damage from using double Instant Poisons but you may run into aggro problems from the upfront damage.  The nice thing about Deadly is that the damage is spread out over time but if the mob dies before the poison expires you're essentially wasting dps.

Which brings us to Anaesthetic Poison.  My rogue is only 68 so I don't have this yet, but it seems like this on one or both hands might be the best bet if you are pulling too much aggro.  It does slightly less damage than instant (134-172 vs 146-194) but there is no additional threat generated.  Personally I've been using instant on both hands and doing just fine, although the few instances I've done have been with good tanks:)

I am also combat spec so I don't really mess with envenom, that may add another level of complexity to using Deadly poison if you are Assasination specced with increased poison damage.

Shadowwolf

I use [item]Deadly Poison VII[/item] on main and [item]Anesthetic Poison[/item] on OH in groups and raids

On any raid or group with a boss that might heal or adds that might here, I throw [item]Wound Poison V[/item] on my OH and use Shiv to keep it stacked at 5. Its like having Mortal Strike on the mob and reduces the healing by far. Unfortunately if you have an Arms warrior in the group with you though, its worthless to use as they dont stack and as soon as the Warrior throws MS on the mob, it wipes Wound Poison off the mobs debuff list.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Deadly MH/Instant OH is the classic; deadly has a 30% proc chance which makes up for the greater MH weapon speed.

For PvE, I use crip/instant if there are running mobs, instant/wounding if there are a lot of healing mobs, instant/mind-numbing if there are a lot of casters, or just plain ol' deadly/instant.

I've found that timing my attacks and tossing in feints is better than gimping my poison damage by using anesthetic.

In PvP, I use crip/instant with my current spec (deep sub) to avoid breaking gouge, sap, and blind - I often avoid deadly in 5-mans for this reason.  When I'm combat spec, though, I'll almost exclusively use crip/deadly.
un4

Belandand

For me, I've personally never used Instant because I had a hard time getting procs (even at my current HR of 278 I still have problems). However, I found that by using double deadly poisons, my dps really goes up. The reason is that I include envenom in my fight rotation. Enough hit coupled with frequntly active SnD almost ensure that you can achieve a full 5 stack deadly poison in a matter of seconds. If you're hesitant to try double deadly, consider the fact that envenom ignores armor. Whenever I raid, I notice that on average, after doing a 2-4 pt envenom, my Deadly poison stacks to 5 in under 10 seconds (most of the time).

un4

I also have swapped to double deadly.  Mutilate, while crappy for raids provides for some intense envenom damage :P
un4