2.4 Addon Updates

Started by Shadowwolf, March 25, 2008, 12:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengeance

Shadowwolf

As usual, please let me know if an addon is throwing out errors. Sometimes I dont have time to test these updates before they are posted so I am unaware.

The biggest error culprit as of late seems to be Recount, the dev team likes to make huge changes to it apparently without fully testing them =P
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

khader

Not sure if this has been come up before.

I've started using the WoWAceUpdater program for installing/updating addons.  Has made it easier to get the latest updates.

Its available at www.wowace.com

Only updates ACE addons from the site but a large number of the addons I use are built upon ACE libs so it works for me.  Recount, Omen, Cartographer, BigWigs, LittleWigs, Prat all ACE based and I can update with one click.  Last week xperl was added as ACE package and is now updatable via the tool.

I still get a few non-ACE addons from our website.

Started using tool since it was getting painful to manage update on many addons.

Thanks Shadow for making the updates available on the site.  I've just gotten lazy in my old age and the tool is helping me maximize my laziness to levels I never thought possible.  :D

Arcdelad

this worked out awesome khader...very easy...thanks!

Gutboy

Mac version (10.5 only) is at http://www.lsmason.com/software/wowaceupdater/ -- will have to give it a spin when I get home. Thanks for the reminder.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington