Previous topic - Next topic

Oilslick

Is it just me or is there only one minor glyph for locks :(

Grendeel

Glyph of healthstone and the corrupton one are 2 i saw at the top

edit

health funnel,   immolation trap

Grendeel

How do these work.   I mean i see some i would use for pvp and others for pve.   Does it get applied to gear or just to the character.   It would really suck if i had to replace glyphs every time i wanted to do arenas or bgs.

Rocknlock

Nah, theres a glyph page where you apply them. higher lvl you are, more of them you can apply. I think only 1 of major and 1 minor glyph and be "active" at a time though.

Belandand

As soon as any of you guys can make the SS glyph please let me know. Thanks :)

usonian

QuoteHow do these work.   I mean i see some i would use for pvp and others for pve.   Does it get applied to gear or just to the character.   It would really suck if i had to replace glyphs every time i wanted to do arenas or bgs.

When they add the dual spec system you'll have a different set of glyphs for each spec.  So you can have one spec and set of glyphs for raiding and a different spec and set of glyphs for pvp or however you choose to use them.  The glyphs will be shown in a seperate tab and will be on your character not your gear.

capnpop

Glyphs are active when you put them on. At level 70 you have 3 minor glyph slots and 2 major glyph slots open (a third major will open up at 80).  There is no "activate" for glyphs, they are always on giving a passive buff to everything you do.

I can currently make everything listed above and have the majority of the mats for all of them.  I can currently make one minor glyph for mages that increases the duration of some type of armor (frost I think).

The glyphs go into your glyph interface (tab at the bottom of your spellbook) and can only be applied at a "Lexicon of Power" (in every major city, guards know where they are and they are always next to the inscription trainers).  To apply the glyph just be close to the lexicon and use the glyph.   Plop it in a proper slot and you're good to go.  Putting a glyph in one slot over another provides no bonus at all.  You are only able to put one of each glyph on your character (no stacking multiples of the same glyph for a better bonus).

Hugh

once these things are used to they disappear and you have to replace or do they stay forever

Grendeel

Quote from: Usonian on October 15, 2008, 07:53:12 AM
QuoteHow do these work.   I mean i see some i would use for pvp and others for pve.   Does it get applied to gear or just to the character.   It would really suck if i had to replace glyphs every time i wanted to do arenas or bgs.

When they add the dual spec system you'll have a different set of glyphs for each spec.  So you can have one spec and set of glyphs for raiding and a different spec and set of glyphs for pvp or however you choose to use them.  The glyphs will be shown in a seperate tab and will be on your character not your gear.

Ah this makes me feel better.  I respec 2 or  3 times a day sometimes and was a litttle concerned about having to buy and swap out glyphs i would be using in the pvp/pve specs.

Arcdelad

have you tried out demon form yet gren?

capnpop

Quote from: Grendeel on October 15, 2008, 10:40:29 AM
Quote from: Usonian on October 15, 2008, 07:53:12 AM
QuoteHow do these work.   I mean i see some i would use for pvp and others for pve.   Does it get applied to gear or just to the character.   It would really suck if i had to replace glyphs every time i wanted to do arenas or bgs.

Ah this makes me feel better.  I respec 2 or  3 times a day sometimes and was a litttle concerned about having to buy and swap out glyphs i would be using in the pvp/pve specs.

you will for now though gren, til they implement the dual speccing

Belandand

To Hugh:

According to what I've read off forums, posts and other articles, they work just like the shoulder/head reputation enchants. Bsaically, you just apply the glyph (but to where I don't know)

Upgrades of pre-existing glyphs work similar to gems. Basically, if a better glyph comes along that you would to apply over a pre-existing glyph that you already have applied to your character, it will override and "break" the glyph you currently have.

Also, they said at 70 you can have 3 minor glyphs and 2 majors (I think. Not exactly sure because I read somewhere that it could only be one of each.)

Nixphire

Could I kindly request a [item]Glyph of Evocation[/item]
Thanks man

Grendeel

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 15, 2008, 10:42:48 AM
have you tried out demon form yet gren?

Im using a raid spec atm  7/3/51.  Apparently having my imp out puts up a 20% crit bonus that will be kept on the boss 100% of the time.  So there is an imp stam bonus again  lol ( reduced to 788 plus stam though and thats a 3/3 imp imp talent too).

As for demon spec i havent tried it yet but ran across a lock with that spec and me in the pve spec.  I was amazed to absolltely destroy him, probably the only one i could kill 1vs1 in the bgs i was in  lol.  So im not impressed with it.

As for having to use the glyphs, for now Cap,  im not so worried about that.  The bgs i was in, rogues literally killed me in 2 secs and pallys hammered me and killed me before the stun was up.  I will be staying away from pvp until they balance things out, other than to test out specs more.

On another note, they will be changing locks in the future.  If they dont, they will become obsolete.  As of now they provide no synergy for raiding.  Thier dps is the worst class possible now.  As an example, a guild that has sunwell on farm tried it last night.  Rogues topped the dps chart at around 3700.  Boomkins and Elem Shamys were at 3000.  Locks were all way under 2000.

A blue post has said they are aware of the issue and are looking into ways to balance it out more.  One thing they are "excited" about doing is making dots crit ( or some variation of this).  It appears they need to do something or there is going to be a ton of mains changed.

Belandand

To Sun/Panz -

Can either of you guys make:

Glyph of Adrenaline Rush?
Glyph of Blade Flurry?

If so, you've got yourself a customer.