OMG I want to gouge my eyes out

Started by Zario, July 13, 2009, 10:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario

I just downloaded the EVE Online demo and played for 4 hours.  It's the stupidest game EVER! 

Do you remember running from westfall to redridge and back like 5 times without a mount for that stupid delivery quest?  It's like that, only like your mother-in-law is riding shotgun the whole way. 

fiere redfern

LOL! Funny thing, Avelandra used to play that game all the time, and said he loved it because he could walk away for four hours and still have his ship traveling to the same place it was four hours ago. Though honestly, if you're looking for something to do on your down-time at work, there are several different (and free!) text-based versions of the game you can play from a web browser.

I played one called www.ogame.com for a while - the initial turns only take a matter of minutes or so, but if you are able to build your base up enough, it can take hours and even days for single projects to complete. That and there's an alliance aspect of it where different planets (players) will sign no-kill agreements with each other to go after a common enemy and, since it's text-based, those alliances are formed via PMs and general forum posts. I liked it, but I got bored quick after it started taking my home planet a week to upgrade a factory, and my moon-base was blown away by some jerk-off who smelled easy pickings. Oops.

Darkstar

I looked at the game but never tried it...seemed too repetitive, but idk....i enjoy space sci-fi stuff /shrug

dharq

Haha! I tried EVE for a few days--completed all of the starter quests, and it's really amazing once you start getting into it... The problem is the learning curve... It'd be like throwing level 1 players into Uld-10 with an automated help system telling them how to use all of their limited commands every time they need to use one.

The big thing for me is the graphics though.. just stunning.

But no way in hell would I pay $15 a month for a forced pvp game with that level of complexity when it's been out for 3+ years now. It was a decent diversion from the monotony since I can't afford wow at the moment though. :(

Oh, and I tried the SWG trial too... All I can say is what a pos.. Graphics are moderately acceptable at best, rampant bugs, major latency issues, and they charge for that game still?