And the winner of this year's idiot award is ...

Started by Jandris, November 12, 2006, 06:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jandris

I wasn't really tired when I got home from work Saturday morning. I decided to try to get the next part of the Onyxia quest done, so off to Winterspring I go. Not wanting to corspe run the cave, I decided to try my luck at the over the mountain route. A few wrong turns, a couple of dead ends, and one spectacular fall off a mountain later and I am standing in front of Haleh. Feeling kind of proud of myself, I click the quest button ... only to discover that I don't have the fragment of dragon eye. It is safely back in the IF bank where I stored it before the AQ20 run. *Sigh* In the background you can hear my son ROFL hysterically.  :-[

Kothnok

LOL!

And the runner up...

We had just finished up the ZG raid and Luise needed someone to show her were to turn in bijous and coins and stuff she had won in the last couple of trips she'd gone on.  I tell her to meet me in Westfall (short run, short swim, viola - the isle) but first I insist she must get everything she ever won in ZG out of the bank and on her person.  I wait in Westfall while she repairs, sifts through her bank, flies to Westfall, I send her back to SW to grab even more stuff I say she needs, flies back...  I don't mind all this as I'm busy with a half a dozen lines of conversation going on at once -- so much that I didn't even notice when she was finally ready and standing right in front of me.  We hop/skip/jump/swim to the small island and I show her the ropes of who to talk to, what quests to perform, how to destory bijous, give her some of the many coins I won that night to show her the coin quest, etc...

After all that, I not only use the Honor token I got instead of finish the quest I have with the vendor there, but I forgot my neck item that gets upgraded with each new faction rank in the bank (the reason I was going there anyway).  :-[

Horray for us  :acorn:, for we are what make this place fun!  Right?   ]:D

:turkey: :turkey:
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

un4

un4

Luise

Well I think you were awesome for helping me Koth and not laughing when i told you I left the bijous behind the first time!

And I won't tell you how I've tried to kill a monster with my fishing pole?
And not just once- this has happened a few times late in the night  :)
But if we can't laugh at ourselves...then we're not having fun ::)

Kothnok

Later that same night, I ended up tanking the Baron in UD Strat not with my uber tanking trinket... but with my [wowitem]Carrot on a Stick[/wowitem]. LOL!  Talk about being embarrassed.  :-[

Jandris

It's good to know that I am not the only one providing comic relief here - Here's to the clowns LOL

un4

Quote from: Luise on November 13, 2006, 03:30:48 AM
And I won't tell you how I've tried to kill a monster with my fishing pole?
I was doing 300+ crits with my pole back at 35  ]:D
un4

Darkling

Not much of an idiot award for me, but in UBRS the other night, I equipped my onyxia talisman thing and my ubrs ring/key for extra fr when we took on drakk. This was 2 days ago. This morning in my 3rd AB, I decided to look at my equipment to make sure I had my Blackhand's Breath equipped. Nope. I still had all the fr trinkets equipped from the UBRS run, yet I was still able to take on multiple opponents. Once again, skill vs. equipment rules the day.

I destroyed my carrot on a stick cause I was always forgetting to unequip it in instances and battles.

Kothnok

AceWardobe!!!!!

That is THE essential schizo tool for those with more clothes than they can carry.  Change all your gear at once with the click of a button.

That's what makes the Carrot on a Stick even more sad... I saved it to my Tank outfit earlier that day so I was switching gear left and right, but still re-equiped the carrot each time.  :-[

un4

un4