Most Annoying Sayings

Started by Liege, June 04, 2009, 07:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolwen

hahaha....sorry Shadow........
lol I used to hate this one in bc "LF a pally tank"

Kothnok

> just seems a derogatory way to say druid to me
Because that's exactly the way it was intended when it started being used. "Drood" was started back in EQ as an equivalent to WoW's "Huntard".  It used to be the OP class, so everyone and their uncle seemed to play one and you met some pretty horrible Druid players.  Somehow, in WoW, it's been morphed into just a cool way to say it. Bleh.  PST started in EQ as well since that game used /tell instead of /whisper (though WoW can also use /tell, that's more of an aid to old EQ players than anything else).

As for "most annoying sayings"... just about anything with Chuck Norris in it.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Lyte

How about the low lvl people saying, "Hey, can I have 50 gold?  PuhlEEAAAZE?!  It's like nothing to you.  You guys have millions of gold at yer lvl!"

Fleecy

woop - it irritates me when people say woop... idk why woot if fine woop bugs the crap out of me...  :-[

Raif

As a mage i always noticed it (no not the vending machine reference, but that annoyed me too)
When people especially in pugs, cant be bothered to even shortform your name, and just call you by your class

Hey mage, dps this. I just find it lazy and demeaning

Tony

My oldest son has actually enraged me with his texting verbage... His word?

Soz

I slap him in the face every time he types it

/end dadrage

You darn kids and your fancy cell phones. When I was a kid, we had rotary phones and pulse tones... Yea, my mom collected antiques, I'm really not that old...

fiere redfern

Agreed, Tony, and I'm honestly not a big fan of word-shrinking in general. I'll use it sometimes (like "idk" when I'm already writing a rather lengthy text), but generally I try and steer clear of it. Using 'u' in place of 'you' in particular irks me, mostly because the original word by itself is short enough. What warrants the shortening?

Vengeance

Quote from: Kothnok on June 13, 2009, 01:23:20 AM
> just seems a derogatory way to say druid to me
Because that's exactly the way it was intended when it started being used. "Drood" was started back in EQ as an equivalent to WoW's "Huntard".  It used to be the OP class, so everyone and their uncle seemed to play one and you met some pretty horrible Druid players.  Somehow, in WoW, it's been morphed into just a cool way to say it. Bleh.  PST started in EQ as well since that game used /tell instead of /whisper (though WoW can also use /tell, that's more of an aid to old EQ players than anything else).

As for "most annoying sayings"... just about anything with Chuck Norris in it.
What about...fruid?  :D
(was that Caedyrne's mistake? :O)

Trismus

Quote from: fiere redfern on June 14, 2009, 02:56:34 AM
Agreed, Tony, and I'm honestly not a big fan of word-shrinking in general. I'll use it sometimes (like "idk" when I'm already writing a rather lengthy text), but generally I try and steer clear of it. Using 'u' in place of 'you' in particular irks me, mostly because the original word by itself is short enough. What warrants the shortening?

+1

Some I feel have become words in their own right "wtf" and "lol" are examples of this. u and r just make me angry... I can understand efficiency by to me that is just laziness. I make sure to type out long words like juxtaposition in my replies to such messages.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Jilinna

Quote from: Trismus on June 15, 2009, 08:47:17 AM
Some I feel have become words in their own right "wtf" and "lol" are examples of this. u and r just make me angry... I can understand efficiency by to me that is just laziness. I make sure to type out long words like juxtaposition in my replies to such messages.

Well, I know I find myself at fault at typing u and r, but I usually only do that when I'm texting friends, and since I only have 140 characters to write down my thought, I type u and r, instead of you and are, and I save about 2 characters each time I do this, so it might come out to a total of 6 characters I saved thus I am able to write a few more words into that small amount  :P hehe that's just me, I talk a lot, and usually have a lot to say :P and I'm on exam mood, or else I usually wouldn't put to much thought into it :laugh:

anyways, to stay true to the topic...

I find most pug groups annoying, there is always that one person that criticizes everyone, but doesn't explain anything just says, "your an idiot if you don't know what to do", then we wipe, then they get all mad and the group disbands  >:(, and I HATE trade chat, you can literally go crazy reading the sheer stupidity people write. I finally got feed up and /left trade   :Hangover:
Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful.
-PLATO

Trismus

I lied.

THIS IS THE ALL-TIME MOST ANNOYING SAYING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MMORPGs:

"lag"

as;dlfkjasdf

Blaming lag is a cop-out of the highest order. Dueling someone, having them say "lag" or whatever.... as;dlfkjas;lkjasdl;kasdflkjasdfl;kjasdf
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.