Weapon Skill Nerf

Started by khader, September 16, 2008, 08:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khader

[blizzard]When the next patch releases, you will no longer be able to gain weapon or defense skill while fighting the Servant of Allistarj, Servant of Grol, Servant of Razelikh, and Servant of Sevine.

They will remain in the game, however.[/blizzard]

Are there other mobs people use for leveling weapon skill?

Shadowwolf

The totem guys in SMV, I leave the totems alone and just beat on them.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Rocknlock

Thats bull. Guess maybe theres a way to get behind dr. boom or somw mob in northrend we might be able to train on.

Vengeance

DPS test dummies in major cities, perhaps
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=7665#comments is also not mentioned in that list

Gutboy

Maybe the infernal guys around Wildhammer Stronghold...

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Trismus

I just go run some newbies through deadmines a bunch.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Rocknlock

Quote from: Vengeance on September 16, 2008, 10:41:11 AM
DPS test dummies in major cities, perhaps
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=7665#comments is also not mentioned in that list

That guy would work. Some guy mentioned in a comment he won't die once at 1% hp unless you're on the quest to kill him.

capnpop

he hits harder though...

at 70, not so bad (on my pally) and at 80 it would likely be trivial...

Air

People have tried to skill up on them already.  They get like 1 skill up every 15 min at best.  Not sure if blizz plan's to change that.  The dummies are meant more for the theorycrafter's out there and to work out rotation's for dps classes.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Nixphire

Quote from: Trismus on September 16, 2008, 01:31:45 PM
I just go run some newbies through deadmines a bunch.

Stockades is right in SW. How I maxed my defense. Pull like ALL the mobs, real quick work!

Belandand

The infinite steam of orcs in SL (?) are pretty good too