BC thoughts and first impressions

Started by Arcdelad, January 17, 2007, 08:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

well guys...what do you think? what do you guys like so far, what do you dislike?

un4

un4

Muridin

i hate those that steal mobs or even nodes

also i hate those that ride past a untagged mob that your gunning for and drag the mob away

Luise

I like lvlling again- and rest time in Inn- ah it's been a long time...
I enjoy the mining..havent done any smithing yet.
I like the quest rewards and the money. :)
I like questing with guildies- thanks guys for all the quest help- especially Uso today.

I hated getting lost- but hey...I'm used to it.

I hate how I have to compete with my kids for wow time  :)
(Well not really.)

usonian

Always a pleasure Luise, anytime:)

Some highlights so far:
-the visuals and environment (even though the skewed pieces of earth make me tilt my head)
-the bombing runs
-doing damage again! (arms FTW)
-new mobs and attacks
-the sense of constant upheaval and action throughout the land
-getting awesome items for mundane tasks

Annyoances:
-overpopulation (c'mon realm split)
--not being able to find npcs because of overpopulation
--competing for mobs because of overpopulation
--competing for zepplin trash because of overpopulation
-getting awesome items for mundane tasks

Darkling

the outlands so far has been exciting. many people in other guilds who i thought were cool have turned out to be complete @#&$@#. as it stands now, my ignore list is almost full.

dharq

Absolutely loving the xpak so far. Draenei kick butt. Shaman kick butt. Jewelcrafting kicks butt. Put them all together, and that's a lot of butt kicking.

Oh, and HC-Ramparts is fun. I haven't done much else in Outland yet, but the ramparts were a fun way to get introduced to it. (And Geno, Gren, Buz, and Lyte kick butt to group with). :)

Arcdelad

hehe...yeah...that is a nice, compact little instance...lots o exp and a few good drops in minimum time....i went through it with almost that same group...piece of cake...the final boss is tricky if you dont know whats coming, and i love how the second boss likes to bounce the tank in the air Killer Instinct style while he summons 10000000000 felhounds...

usonian

Another thing I've noticed is how i get excited seeing a set of epic PVP gear or other recognizable gear from a distance and thinking I might run into another Twilight member :)  So many times I thought I saw Gren, Ty, Dagii, Buz, etc. and realized it wasn't them when i got closer.  If this was the real world I would have had too many of those akward moments where you wave at someone you think you know until they get closer and you feel like an idiot. :D

Arcdelad

LOL...i had the same thoughts too man...

some hunter tagged a kill of mine and i looked at him and thought, man...why is tyban being such an a-hole...thats not like him!!! then i realized it was someone else....

so...er...sorry ty!!! :P

Tyban

Uso u are absolutely right about the mobs on the side of a slope.  Couldn't figure out why my neck hurt and was feeling sick from the strange angle.  Its a real pain in the neck sorta...hehe

It was me Arc...All pvp geared hunters are in the same union...Nut Crackers local 5544...We tag them all from a far, fast and often.  ]:D

Shadowwolf

You can level just as well from old content instances too, which is what im doing to let Outlands "cool off' some. Too many nasty players come out of the woodwork lately and I like to keep my game peaceful =)

Last night during our 5 man LBRS doing quests, I got Velyn almost 50% thru 60 without even trying. I like how the Xpack has kind of lessened the crowd in the "old world"
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Shiny :)

I also like the gear.  I finally succumbed to my respec urges again :)
un4

Shadowwolf

Honestly...

Ive seen some things come about since this expansion that I dont like.

Ive noticed a change in the attitude of many people, not our guild per se, but just in general. Its suddenly become a race to do this or that. So much to the point where people are more short with each other, rude, uncaring, etc. These were things I honestly didn't expect to see come about in an expansion.

Im also a bit disappointed in the gear. Ive put forth a considerable effort from 1-60 to equip myself pretty well, some of it was some decent work to do, and in the course of a short few days ive gone from well equipped to on par with a lvl 1.

At the same time, with the gear change, theyve pretty much killed the "old" content of the game. Theres honestly no more point to run the likes of Scholo or Strat for the most part unless you are doing specific quests for some reason such as a mount or something. Leaving someone like myself who wants to just do it for the sake of enjoyment in the minority. At the same time, unless they make all Dungeons, including the old ones "Heroic" capable, theres no more challenge in the old stuff to make it worthwhile.

These are the bad effects that ive seen at least. Maybe im viewing things wrong but its how I see it.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Khanus

Since they announced the expansion a year ago or so I've never been a big fan/suporter of it. Mostly for the fact that it opens the door for the guild wars type idea. As most of you know guild wars does not have a monthly fee, they expect to make money off of you from actually buying the games and xpacs. Now with wow you pay the monthly fee and buy the xpacs. With that said, another reason I dont like the xpack is what shadow just said. Old end game content i dead. MC runs for Tier 1 are pointless. After 30 min in the outlands I got gear on par with tier 0.5. The xp lust that has evolved from the enormous XP jump required to lvl to 61 turns me off as well. I've stated that TBC would leave me yeraning for the old wow, and so far I stand by the statement. I do enjoy my shaman though.