Heroic Keys now req honored

Started by Vengeance, October 20, 2007, 11:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luise

fiere redfern

This makes me happy =) I'm not even revered with ONE of the heroic instance factions - yay casual =P

Lord Entropy

Well, a needed change - a bit too late for me I guess.  I've purposely avoided quests and did faction grinds to get to honored as I levelled to make getting revered easy.  I'd probably be 70 now if I'd just quested normally - oh well.  More mount money for me I guess.

JohnnieRat

Mixed reaction. I'm sort of weary about the change since revered is a bit longer of a grind and as a result, helps make a proper check on people getting into heroics too early and getting stomped on... especially tanks. Sort of on the same principal on why CoT-Hyjal and Black Temple have attunements... guilds that aren't ready would just get pillaged in there.
BUT!!! I know of tons of people who are honored with a faction, have nothing to gain whatsoever from doing some places normal mode and discouraging people from getting heroic keys.
Either way... I'm about given up on PuG heroics anyways... they never end well.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Luise

Has this already happened? Or next patch?

Ereeguar

yay!...but i still need revered with CE for my healing hood :Hangover:

Arcdelad

JR...post up some heroics...if im not doing anything you have a tank or DPS...im trying to farm badges for the upcoming patch, so im down for any heroic (im keyed for all of them).

Nefalkus

That's awesome! Casual players are the biggest winners with this change!

Arcdelad

it is HUGE for the casual guy, and im glad to here its going to happen...

one concern though...just becuase you CAN do a heroic, doesnt mean you should...the mobs in there are MUCH harder than on normal mode if your not used to it, and are on par with mobs in karazhan...CC is very important in there unless you have a super geared tank who can take multiple heroic mobs...

i do think, though, as a way to offset this change, they should add more items for those revered / exalted with those factions...that would make those people feel like they didnt grind up for nothing

Threlin

Great news for folks like me, i.e. the terminally sporadic.   :Skull:

And duly noted on the toughness of Heroics, Arc. I also agree that there should be big benefits for those who have ground to revered/exalted with factions. The time and effort put forth to reach those levels has to be rewarded significantly...

Luise

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 22, 2007, 08:22:25 AM
...CC is very important in there unless you have a super geared tank who can take multiple heroic mobs...

We love Arc the tank :) 

Arcdelad

JohnnieRat

Hey Arc... i would love to post up some heroic runs... but I usually have absolutely no idea on when I can or can't get on. Although I have most nights off, I'm in the Infantry Officer Course right now and we work some interesting hours to say the least. But yea... I'm def trying to stock up on badges

Trismus

has this already happened?

I ran around and everything still required revered, either it's coming with 2.3 or it's a rumor  :'(
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.