Burning Crusade purchasing

Started by Arcdelad, January 16, 2007, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

lol, mine was kinda boring too...

After ZG, I decided to take the fast car to the mall near me where my pre-order was which was going to be "forfeited for a week" had I not made the midnight release. I live roughly 10 miles from the mall, oddly enough 40 miles from any nearest Best Buy, lol.

Doing on average about 95MPH at 12:30-12:45AM as I didn't get out of the house till then, I made it to the mall in <3min, alas though I was too late. Gated up, lights off, not a soul in sight. While walking back out the EB games guy from upstairs must have pegged me for a late pre-order of Gamestop and tried to comfort me saying he "just closed up his shop upstairs himself and they re-open at 10AM" then politely tried to bum a cigarette off me (though I don't smoke) and then proceeded to hit on me in very obvious and dare I say 70's-esq style cheesy pickup lines. Leaving there I returned home to await for my 10AM return to the mall.

10AM, waited for them to open the gate, was the only one in the store and managed to get my copies with some flirtation and bargaining with the clerk (I had to buy some special edition Strategy Guide package which I gave 1 to my little brother). Got the last of 6 copies left in the store till Mon or Tues. Apparently the night before 140+ people showed up to get their BC fix as the store apparently only got 150 copies this week. I tried to turn the charm on to swindle a collectors edition copy but he wouldn't budge. Told me they only got 6 and all were reserved. =(
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

I got my copy today.  Got a call from EB; mine arrived early :D
un4

Jandris

Threlin's tale reminded me of how I started playing. My son introduced me to the game. "Mom - you have to play this game - it's great." "Not another war game - you know I hate these games." "Mom you will love this game & we can quest together." I mutter - yea, right. Well this time my son was right - his parting shot - "That's why it is called World of Warcrack"  ]:D

Arcdelad

lol luise...thats awesome that you were open minded enough to try it though...

i tried to show some cleavage too shadow, but for some reason it gopt me ushered out of the store quickly.....

Jandris

Arcdelad you are getting as bad as Caedyrne. Maybe you need to borrow his glasses.  ::) Luise is the blonde warrier & I am the brunette pally - - - now I realize that blondes draw the eye but come on - give me a break here  ::) (*Walks away muttering to self*)

Arcdelad

grr...im sorry jan...i dont know why i did that...i apologize....i always hate it when i call one of my kids the wrong name too first, so thats actually a big pet peeve of mine...

for you jan: :Yeah Baby: :VDay Card:

Jandris

No problem Arcdelad - it comes with being a parent - we are always saying the wrong names  :D
Since I only have one child I find myself doing it with the dogs - Ranger, no Ion, damnit I mean Paz - stop that! lol
Thanks for the hearts.

un4

un4

Arcdelad

me too un4...maybe its becuase my owhole family are blondes..... :snowman_smiley:

un4

Redheads are nice too.  Blondes (no offense) are... meh.
un4

Luise

un4

un4