Woltk Release Date Announced *Official*

Started by Air, September 14, 2008, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

well...how many of us now look back and feel like we missed out on something becuase we didnt hit hellfire pen at 12:05 that morning? there will be plenty of these things on sale...

Avelandra

When BC was released I was at Wal-mart at 12:00 midnight, and they asked me what i was waiting for, then they opened the box and handed me a copy (non-collectors).

The Best part, we drove by EB-games, and waved the boxes at the people who were waiting for pre-orders, while our laptops were installing the game on the way home. By 1am, i was upgraded and logged in.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

un4

un4

Air

"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Gutboy

One nice thing about living in Silicon Valley is that Blizzard sends us lots of stuff.... the local Fry's here had giant monolith towers of the BC special edition even 6 months after release. (However, I will still show up on release night I'm sure.  8))

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Arcdelad

I love the special edition enticement of a cd with all the game music...

....I know that I often wish I could crank the TK:Eye music in the car on the ride home, so that I could feel just like I was standing on top of a platform fighting alar when I am stuck in traffic....actually....that is a pretty similar experience.......

how many people have itunes or media player going in the background? lol

Tolwen

So should I pre-order the collector's edition or not? ???

fiere redfern

Quote....I know that I often wish I could crank the TK:Eye music in the car on the ride home, so that I could feel just like I was standing on top of a platform fighting alar when I am stuck in traffic....actually....that is a pretty similar experience.......

/raises hand

At one point I'd gotten confused because we'd just zoned into SSC and all of a sudden I heard the Shatt music pop up. Thought for a second that I had bugged, but realized that I'd set my iTunes library to random earlier in the day.  :-[ Also, let me know if you want a copy of the soundtrack, Arc and I'll send it your way ;) ... once I get my PC working again, that is.

Quote from: Tolwen on September 15, 2008, 01:06:11 PM

Doooo Eeeeeet! I mean, seriously. Frostwyrm pet, book of artsy stuff, free trading card starter set, and musak from the game... what else could an addict ask for?  :D

Air

Blizzard collector edition's are generally one of the best.  Just realize it's super expensive, with shipping and handling, gonna be around $80 - $85.  This is coming with two starter deck's, BC collector's edition came with only one.

I got the Half-Life 2 Collector's edition a long time ago, let's just say I'm still sore about that one. 
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Gutboy

Quote from: Arcdelad on September 15, 2008, 12:58:20 PM
I love the special edition enticement of a cd with all the game music...

....I know that I often wish I could crank the TK:Eye music in the car on the ride home, so that I could feel just like I was standing on top of a platform fighting alar when I am stuck in traffic....actually....that is a pretty similar experience.......

You can actually extract all the mp3s used in the game (not to mention all the wav sound effects and boss speeches). I like to listen to TK or SSC music at work before we raid them. :) If there's interest, I'll post instructions.

GB

(Regarding Special Editions, odds are that there will be lots left over in my area again this time, so if anyone has trouble getting one at a reasonable price, I'll probably be able to hook you up.)

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Lynette

Woot!

Just scheduled off work from 11/13 - 11/30.

Tolwen

Quote from: fiere redfern on September 15, 2008, 02:36:12 PM
Quote from: Tolwen on September 15, 2008, 01:06:11 PM

Doooo Eeeeeet! I mean, seriously. Frostwyrm pet, book of artsy stuff, free trading card starter set, and musak from the game... what else could an addict ask for?  :D
I did eet:)
Quote from: Lynette on September 15, 2008, 04:28:02 PM
Woot!

Just scheduled off work from 11/13 - 11/30.

Lucky!

Rocknlock

JohnnieRat

So these starter decks, do they come with the cool things that you can turn in for cool stuff in game?

Air

The BC one never had any, so probably not.