QQ Template for WOTLK / 3.0

Started by Arcdelad, October 01, 2008, 07:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Since people are freaking out about 3.0 / WOTLK...I thought I would help simplify things for them by providing a nice template to speed up their complaints:

AMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

I wuz just on the PTR, and you shuld see the changes to <insert class>!!!

First of all they completely gimped our <damage / healing / tanking ability> compared to <ret pallies / holy pallies / druids>! <ret pallies change this to rogues, warriors, druids, or shaman, holy pallies change it to priests, druids, or shamen, and druids change it to warriors or prot pallies>...we are used to being the top <damage dealer, healer, tank>, but now we have been nerfed SO bad that its liek we wasted time, money, and effort and the best years of our lives on this class...

For PVE, the completely messed up <super cool ability name here>...sure, we now have <list off four even BETTER abilities>, but the fact that I can NO LONGER watch flavor of love while not paying attention to the raid and just spamming one key is just unacceptable! Seriously - how am I supposed to top OMEN if you make it so tanks hold better aggro and I have to vary up my <attacks, heals> using new and exciting abilities? Being #1 on omen is hard work for <insert any class other than a tank class>! How the hell am I supposed to lead in the death count this way? Getting up to grab a bag of chips or take a crap is so much harder during a boss fight when you are still alive!

Of course, <any other class other then the one you are> got completely buffed and is going to make <your class> obsolete...I don't know why I even bother...if I didn't have four collectors edition copies for each of my accounts already reserved, I wuld say forget you blizzard! Not even a shiny new prot-drake non-combat ego-stroking vanity pet can bring me back! Unless you make a green version of that vanity pet...then I might be able to overlook the horrible nerfs to the <insert your class> class...if it werent for disco balls, lounge chairs, or personal rainmakers I would ahve to taek my maaad skillz somewhere that appreciates me, like Warhammer or AoC!

JohnnieRat

plz qq more about ret pallies... we are now ON PAR with everyone else and apparently that is unacceptable?

Rocknlock

I'd just like to add that haunt rocks! Cleared a full boat of those b elf marksmen for the sso daily in under 20 seconds and my vw and I came out at full hp  :D

Arcdelad

your....doing....dailies on the PTR?!? LOLOLOL

they are crappy enough when you do them on the live server, but doing them for a charachter you dont get to keep seems a bit odd rock =)

Rocknlock

broke after respeccing, so needed more money to respec some more  :P

Gutboy

If my time on the PTR is any indicator, day 1 of the 3.0 release is going to feature a bunch of 70s running around Desolace or Stonetalon looking for that one area they never mapped the first time...  :pumpk5:

GB the (lost) Explorer

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Rocknlock

btw those casters that don't have the badge trinket yet, you can use the healer trinket from brewfest once the patch goes live since it switches to "spellpower" and not just healing done.

Fab

Well....this should def. help with our progression b4 Wotlk:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=18788.0

Wonder if we MIGHT be able to down a boss or 2 in SWP  :pumpk6:

Docsamson

Quote from: Fab on October 01, 2008, 05:53:49 PM
Well....this should def. help with our progression b4 Wotlk:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=18788.0

Wonder if we MIGHT be able to down a boss or 2 in SWP  :pumpk6:

Possibly, yes.  But the 30% HP reduction is almost exactly what you lose by being unable to stack Heroism/Bloodlust/Drums/Spriests for mana regen as well as the loss of chain-chugging pots.  Essentially, they've "nerfed" the encounters, but have in fact rebalanced them for the new class mechanics.  What this really does, however, is give guilds that don't have the time and/or ability to super-optimize every single boss fight with multiple alternates to swap out in between fights a chance at nailing a few bosses in Sunwell, and give those already working on it the ability to clear it.  To put it clearly, at L70 in 3.0 with the new class mechanics and changes to key buffs, Brutallus would be impossible to clear.

Rocknlock

we aren't losing anything with the patch. there shouldn't be any reason why we couldn't do sunwell with the new changes and without the hp nerfs. If anything, it should be easier once everyone gets to understanding how to use their new abilities and fine tunes their specs. Only one boss in sunwell has had their hp reduced from the looks of the post anyways, rest is just trash mobs. Same with BT, the two bosses they nerfed we've already downed so no one can say "Oh well you killed gurtogg or illidan after 3.0's nerf".

Trismus

I respectfully disagree Doc, from a warrior perspective, my DPS is going to be incredible. [item]Brutal Gladiator's Bonegrinder[/item] dual wielded with [item]vengeful gladiator's greatsword[/item] means enormous DPS. Basically, my 51 fury talent is insane.

Other classes are experiencing the same sort of benefits, so DPS is increasing majestically.

-Tris

P.S. LOL arc, great post, btw :p
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Air

Survival hunters are complete junk now.  Latest beta patch pretty much killed it.  41 point talent is now trap mastery which by blizz's admission is a placeholder talent until after woltk release.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Fab

Yeah-- same with my dps in 3.0. It had literally gone through the roof.

On a test dummy (which I know is not a boss encounter, therefore does not have the extra elements to a fight [moving,silences etc]), with the 3 glyphs that benefit a moonkin most, and with NO flasks or buffs (other than my own motw), I was able to sustain 1600-1700dps with the moonfire/starfire standard raid rotation.
(well actually, one of the glyph makes it so my moonfire ticks pretty much forever [3 seconds added to moonfire dot for every starfire hit]).

This is approx. 650-750+ more dps then I can max. out at with my gear currently. Blizz stated that moonkins needed a serious buff as we were doing a whole lot less dps in comparison to a lock/mage with equal gear, so they basically increased the base damage for both Wrath and Starfire, which has obvioulsy helped quite a bit  :D

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to seeing what 'real' numbers in a raid setting, WITH full raid buffs/flasks, I can put up when the new patch hits.  :pumpk7:

Docsamson

Quote from: Trismus on October 01, 2008, 08:04:18 PM
I respectfully disagree Doc, from a warrior perspective, my DPS is going to be incredible. [item]Brutal Gladiator's Bonegrinder[/item] dual wielded with [item]vengeful gladiator's greatsword[/item] means enormous DPS. Basically, my 51 fury talent is insane.

Other classes are experiencing the same sort of benefits, so DPS is increasing majestically.

-Tris

P.S. LOL arc, great post, btw :p

As for Fury DPS with TG, I missed the change where it was changed from a 20% speed penalty to a 15% to-hit penalty.  With the prior speed penalty, it began as a 10% or less DPS increase that scaled negatively with AP.  Along with that, it ended up decreasing your rage generation per second while AP increased.  Both of these combined led to poor scalability, as well as the "spikiness" of rage generation with 2 2H weapons, leading to a greater possibility for "wasted" rage.  However, with Slam no longer resetting the swing timer (or so I understand) and TG being a to-hit penalty, it now scales positively with both AP, Hit and Crit, as well as giving you the ability to dump rage into Slam much more easily when you've got full.  However, the one thing I haven't been able to crunch the numbers for is the new Flurry and Rampage uptime, the latter of which is a huge gain for most everyone.

Also, as far as a "general" DPS loss goes, I've seen a bit of one for Caster DPS over long periods, with most of it not being seen until 5+ minutes into a fight, when a lot of people (including myself at times, due to a bad Fiend drop) would be on their second mana pot.  Most of this, however, is theorycrafting which still cannot be fully tested for casters until you can get a sustained DPS rotation for mana longevity in a raid situation.  I haven't been hearing much about there being tons, but the first chance I get to go to town on a testing dummy I'll be sitting there hammering away for a good 10 minutes with the new spriest specs to see how we fare, and I'll probably rope Tris into doing the same for his warrior in a deep Fury spec. 

Unfortunately, I haven't seen much number-crunching going on lately, and a few of the coefficients are still "off" in-game for different abilities.  If I had PTR access I'd grab as many numbers as I could, but I do not.  Once data starts cropping up a bit more and becomes more finalized I'll be doing some major modeling to figure everything out, but until then all I've got is speculation and rough estimates.

Rocknlock

I've only gained dps rating since messin around on the ptr. My rotation hasn't changed much at all unless I chose to throw curse of agony up (chance on shadow dmg ticks to give me 10 percent more fire dmg), so I haven't had any probs runnin out of mana to soon. I think mages might still have problems with burning mana too quickly though.