Hospital

Started by Darkling, November 21, 2006, 11:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

So this morning I had my appointment at 9:30 am to have my hand looked at. I sat there until 11:15 waiting to be seen. I finally got up and went to the front desk to find out what the problem was. Stupid lady at the front desk marked me down as a no show so I had to reschedule it for tomorrow morning at 10. Dumb. Wonder if she plays WoW and stays on stables getting farmed to death over and over and over....

Kaidelina

LOL

Sorry to hear about your experience TB... sucks :(

Hope your hand is alright...

Arcdelad

how does health care work in canada? isnt it state provided? do you guys just go to a hospotial, or are there strict instructions?

Kaidelina

In Canada, you go to any hospital, any time...   Think that ambulances are not covered, but nearly everything else is.

However, the downfall of a universal health care system, is the looong waits in the ER.  Not uncommon to have to wait 6 hours to be seen, depending on severity of illness, of course.   Also have crazy long waiting lists for everything from a dermatology appointment to cataract surgury, to hip replacements. :-\

Muridin

in australia its basicly the same. you rock up at any clinic/hospital for an emergency doctor ... depending where youve gone, wiats could be long or short ...

our only problem is the lack of nurses ... therefore a lack of beds, therefore longer OR waits

un4

In the US, you pay.  If you have insurance, you usually get good (and fast) treatment, but they'll want your firstborn child in return.

Sorry to hear that, DB.
un4

Darkling

I had to cancel the appointment I had this morning due to 'boss' issues. Sadly, my hand is still jacked up. Eventually I may try to get seen again, but not anytime too soon.

Luise

Hope it all sorts out soon.
Just had a thought- Does it hurt when you play WOW?

Darkling

Kaethdorala

Yeah I hate going to the hospital takes so freaking long anymore. And they smell like old ppl  ;D

windsock

Quote from: Arcdelad on November 21, 2006, 12:20:05 PM
how does health care work in canada? isnt it state provided? do you guys just go to a hospotial, or are there strict instructions?

in canada .. health care is covered by blue cross (provincial, but we each pay for it through taxes). you will only have to cover little things like a cast for yer broken leg or stitches for yer wounds (depends on province). btw i've had my ass in the same chair waiting to be called for over 11 hours before lol. t'was 9:30pm to 9:00am in Calgary -- they had a lot of criticals and cardiac patients :(

:maple_leaf: