Main Menu

IE7

Started by Darkling, December 20, 2006, 02:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Ok, I downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 7. I like it out of the fact the the tab feature is a great thing. Quick access to multiple pages. Anyway, I have encountered one problem. I can't get to the World of Warcraft forums in IE7. Does anyone else use this atm with any knowledge whatsoever of it? If so, what settings do I need to make to allow me to view the WoW forums?

JohnnieRat

I think it's a problem with the forums themselves... I can't get on them with Firefox either.

Blizz loves breaking things... like Fury Warrs and Rogues

Shadowwolf

If youre talking today specifically, yes the forums have been down apparently. As far as regularly, I really dont know. I have IE7 installed but I dont use IE...basically ever...I just have an aversion to all things Microsoft. If I could get WoW ported to Linux like I used to have with Quake 3 and 4, id be all over that.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Threlin

Greetings Thingiebob,

I use IE7 and have not had any problems with the World of Warcraft Forums on a regular basis. However there have been sporatic times when they did not seem to want to load, or links did not seem to work. I'm not sure if this is because of some problem with the WoW forums or a glitch in Microsoft's program.

Maybe Microsoft's deal with the devil is under negotiation? ;)

Threlin

Caedryne

Firefox is so much better imho

Darkling

Doesn't it cost money to use firefox?

usonian

Firefox is free TB.

Drygioni

get Firefox. its great.

Shadowwolf

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

You'll find all the stuff in IE7 has been in FF for a while now so they got a lot more bugs worked out. Its got some problems like any software, but its very solid for the most part if all you do is browse the web. When you try to make it do crazy stuff like me it doesnt always like it =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Caedryne

and tb get Thunderbird too, it's so much better than outlook for e-mail

Darkling

I'll check out FF, but as far as an Outlook replacement...I never use outlook.  :elf_smiley: