Main Menu

The Auto Show

Started by Drygioni, February 20, 2008, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drygioni

I took some pics on my phone of a few of my faves. Enjoy!

Drygioni

More!

usonian

Nice pics Dry!

I had the pleasure of walking by one of those McLarens outside a bar in Scottsdale (fancy pants money town) just as the owner was starting it up.  It's not my favorite looking car, but I could feel the engine in my chest and it sounded awesome.

Kothnok

Thanks!  Always enjoy going to auto shows or museums =)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

Oh...my...god you bum!

Im sooo jealous of you right now being that close to the Audi R8. hehe

I soo want one of those cars. I did test drive an S5 the other day at the dealer while having my normal service done to my car, its nice, but I prefer my S4 with 4 doors. Its not a lot of backseat room, but its enough where I dont feel cramped. The S5 is slightly larger than the TT which always was cramped to me. I do like the new interior/dashboard layout Audi has shifted to with the new models tho =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

fiere redfern

All I have to say is... that Mercedes Benz looks like a giant silver metal rabbit.

Oh, and AWESOME cars =D

Shadowwolf

On a side note, I will have one of those Ferrari's one day. That is one of my goals in life, the F430 is gorgeous, just wish the damn thing didnt cost half a million =P

I want the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish and the F430 in my garage one day. If given a choice the R8 would be a runner up to those 2, hehe. I love Audi's sportscar S/R lines, but Ferrari just has that sort of elegance about it.

Ive never been a fan of Mercedes, always thought the SLR was butt ugly, hehe. Its an under performer for a sports coupe too, handles like a dump truck, was really unimpressed on a test drive.

They do make a Diesel R8 too, which is really strange to see for a sports car
http://www.audiworld.com/news/08/naias-2008-recap/
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Jandris

Great pictures Drygioni. My boys were drooling over the vet and the mustang. They are only 18 - so not up to your standards yet Shadow.  ;)

LastDyingBreath

Tolwen

Quote from: Shadowwolf on February 20, 2008, 08:48:16 PM
I will have one of those Ferrari's one day. That is one of my goals in life, the F430 is gorgeous, just wish the damn thing didnt cost half a million =P

Zario

Shadow, yet another reason why you're awesome. 

How's the S4 in terms of reliability?  I've fallen in love with my wife's Allroad and my Saab is giving me some issues.  Wisconsin winters are making me think twice about not driving a 4wd.

Shadowwolf

Not given me any serious problems, but I do baby it. Worst ive had is the washer fluid sensor went bad and had to be replaced. It's creeping up on age 4 now and still feels new. The only thing I dont like about it is it eats tires. AWD on a car with that much power makes good tires live less. I have to buy a new set roughly once a year and rotation doesnt help much. Ah well, expensive toys, expensive bills...

Id imagine doing the upgrades I have probably doesnt help much with the tire life thing, but amazingly, the car has run great considering all the modifications to it. Granted its all been professionally done so it should work, im just surprised as I had a VW Jetta before that and it didnt hold up as well to performance modifications.

I might turn it in on an S6 at the end of the year, though I still dont know yet. I love it too much and dont really feel like going through the effort to tune an S6 to my liking.

JohnnieRat

Give me a big ass pick up truck any day of the week, a big open field, clear night, and a case of beer.
No need for sports cars for me.

Drygioni

I really like the S4 Avant. I don't know why I have a thing for high performance "grocery getters" The wife has a Mercedes E-class wagon and I love it. I was looking at the Jaguar X-type estate in a mall today. I love it too....in white.

LastDyingBreath

Quote from: JohnnieRat on February 23, 2008, 04:42:00 PM
Give me a big ass pick up truck any day of the week, a big open field, clear night, and three cases of Jack Daniel's.
No need for sports cars for me.

I like your thinking but I fixx't your post