Omen2 Info

Started by Shadowwolf, March 25, 2008, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

For those of you trying to figure out where your Omen bars went, they are still there, but you need to click and drag the window to expand it on Omen2 for some. Oddly, for some people the window defaults to being all squished up and not visible.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

This bug has apparently been fixed with the latest version as of 11:30PM EST this evening

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r65917 | antiarc | 2008-03-25 22:03:35 -0400 (Tue, 25 Mar 2008) | 6 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/Omen/Frame.lua
   M /trunk/Omen/ModuleBase.lua
   M /trunk/Omen/Modules/Healer/Healer.lua
   M /trunk/Omen/Modules/Overview/Overview.lua
[color=green]
Omen:
- Set default frame height to be larger
- Give NumBars a default value
- Error fix to Healer mode
- Throttle Overview mode redraws to 1/600ms
- Throttle AOE mode redraws to 1/500ms[/color]
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

I know a lot of people were complaining last night about issues with Omen on Gruul. I ran these issues by one of the developers and he suggested that they might be resolved if everyone deletes the LUA files associated with Omen. Since this is a new version, the problems come from it trying to use the old savedvariables file from the 1st version.

You need to delete these files in the following locations:

<Drive>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\SavedVariables

Delete:

• Omen.lua
  • Omen.lua.bak

<Drive>:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\Alexstrasza\<character name>\SavedVariables

Delete:

• Omen.lua
  • Omen.lua.bak

You need to perform the above step for every alt character you have.

I would also suggest completely removing the "Omen" folder in your Addons directory and re-installing it.

Shadowwolf

Soulshatter and Invisibility do not drop aggro on Omen2 as of yet. The Dev's are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Shadowwolf

If anyone notices any issues with Omen2, please post them with as much detail (screenshots if possible) here. I am in contact with the Devs and it would be a great help to them to see these errors or issues so they can fix them quickly.

Nasanna

Sort of a general issue:
I can hear a noise whenever I pass the tank on threat. But in the window you get by clicking on the wrench, there are no options to change or set these sounds- is there some way to change this to a different sound, or flashing my screen red?

Thanks Shadow and Omen2 Developers!

Shadowwolf

You can turn it off or change the sound in the options. I attached a screenie for you to see easier.

Shadowwolf

I know some people were saying they couldnt see the MT on the Omen list, apparently they changed how the aggro list is viewed, idk why. You can make it somewhat like the old version though by changing the following settings:

Modules > Single target Mode > Show tank as 100%

The Main Tank will always show 100% right under the "Aggro Pull" bar on the list so you can see where you are at.

Shadowwolf

I want to add, its a good idea when you update Omen to delete the existing "Omen" directory in your addon folder before copying the new one there. For some reason some people have had some issues where a copy doesnt work right, which I believe might be related to how Windows, mostly Vista copies files =P