SWStats Replacement

Started by Shadowwolf, March 27, 2008, 03:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

It appears as though the original author of SWStats is no longer keeping the addon updated. I know many of us have been using it as a replacement to succeed DamageMeters as it shows more in depth detail of instance performances than DamageMeters does.

Since Blizz changed the combat log in 2.4, SWStats is actually broken and there doesnt seem to be a sign of an update for it anytime soon. As a replacement I would strongly suggest an addon called Recount which is just as in depth. Ive started hosting it on our site and will still keep an eye out for SWStats updates if they should come.

You can grab Recount here:

http://www.twilightonalex.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&Itemid=&gid=106
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

DamageMeters has been removed from our site as well. Being it is vastly inferior to Recount and SWStats there is little reason to keep it around and as of 2.4, the author has announced he will no longer be providing updates for it.

http://www.cosmosui.org/showthread.php?t=57523

Quote from: KarlKFI link=http://www.cosmosui.org/showthread.php?t=57523
DamageMeters will be broken when 2.4 goes live. The new combat log is not backwards compatable as far as I know and the new system is sufficuntly different that updating DamageMeters would either require a substantial rewrite or limit the new functionality to that of the old api.

For this and personaal reasons I have decided that it is not feasable for me to continue maintaining DamageMeters. As far as I know (as of this posting) the only meter addon that has been updated for 2.4 is a branch of Recount, but I expect others addons will be written or updated shortly.

If you would seriously like to assume control of DamageMeters, update it and maintain it feel free to contact me. I have control of the WoWI and Curse pages and can tranfer control of them.

As of 2.4 DamageMeter will be removed from Cosmos. If a new maintainer updates it and desires it to be in Cosmos again they can ask me about that too.

The task is not impossible. I, however, will not be doing it but plan to continue my work on other addons. Thank you for using DamageMeters. If you find good replacements feel free to post links. If the author of a replacement wants their addon in Cosmos they are free to ask me about that too, but we wont be including any without the author's support and maintinance, as is standard Cosmos policy.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

FYI, that Unknown Unit message people saw last night was this addon. Looking at the version notes it looks like it has been fixed as of 5AM this morning.